• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat losses

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting on the durum.
    Local terminal here loading some.
    Funny tho we're at least 200 km from the nearest durum field.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
      High yielding feed barley could end up being a better option than malt again this year.
      China demand for Cdn feed barley may be a sleeper in the new crop year. This could stimulate feed barley rail movement out of Sk and Mb.

Miss the Western Barley contract for feedlot price discovery . . . It worked, but it worked too well.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
        China demand for Cdn feed barley may be a sleeper in the new crop year. This could stimulate feed barley rail movement out of Sk and Mb.

Miss the Western Barley contract for feedlot price discovery . . . It worked, but it worked too well.
        What is your thought process behind that? Will we be picking up the slack from the Australian trade war? Or the US trade war? Recovery in pig numbers? A happy ending to the Meng extradition?

I would think that US corn would be cheaper as a feed grain, or do you see Canadian feed grade grain going into the human supply chain, where corn couldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          What is your thought process behind that? Will we be picking up the slack from the Australian trade war? Or the US trade war? Recovery in pig numbers? A happy ending to the Meng extradition?

I would think that US corn would be cheaper as a feed grain, or do you see Canadian feed grade grain going into the human supply chain, where corn couldn't?
          Dairy is becoming huge as well.

I kinda thought the same corn will drag barley down or replace it.

Went for a crop tour with the boy yesterday did 150 kms through known “dry areas” wow best I’ve ever seen em. May do 3 t ha in absence of frost damage only thing that can stuff em.

$200 per acre country

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Sk and Mb feed barley makes some fine beer in China. And Cdn barley may not be a large enough political target plus the Chinese love their beer.

Cheap U.S. corn is apt to be railed into southern Alberta this fall, but our barley market may have added export competition to the domestic feed market. Feed barley bids remain strong heading into crop year end as cattle have backed up in feedlots due to COVID. Lethbridge, High River still heard around $245/MT delivered July. Aug/Sep delivered bids Calgary south likely to slip toward $220/MT into harvest market.

Comment

Correcterrol Chinese love lager type beers.

The more yellow paler ones and mid strength beers are popular the 3.5% beers.

We got approached to grow barley for a malt steer in China. When I say we it was a group of 50 local farmers. Specs 1% above normal malt protein but had to have very test weight.

Never got of the ground there so called premium was a grey area.

But they were basically buying of grade malt or high grade feed

Comment

Not real good at tech stuff.

Maybe error or McDon austraneconomics or was it tech someone a while back or any off you.

But reading sept wheat support is 475 that were it closed.

If it breaks one way street or what, harvest pressure wouldn’t be full throttle just yet would it?

Roughly worked out wheat fallen 55 cents in June.

If corn stabilises and doesn’t edge lower it’s gotta help whole grain complex?

Ps non grain comment year on year June 30 19 to jun 30 20 wool has lost 38% since peak in mid sept 45% a fair hit. No demand no factories open and synthetic cheap cheap people buy with there hip pocket

Comment

Good to see wheat bounced of support

Comment

Weak support in here I guess. Needs to see some back to back days higher or this could turn lower and draw a bead on the 4.30 area Chicago

Comment

Great corn crop developing. Sub 3 corn likely. Hope I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                        Great corn crop developing. Sub 3 corn likely. Hope I'm wrong
                        Guess I don’t farm in NHemisphere and understand it all but always been told “ultimately corn is king both high and low prices all the rest are followers”

Probably not quite true nowadays as grain is global or more than it was in 1981 when I started

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.