• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseguy
    3.5 inches in 5 minutes pounded the canola !

Baked hard as a rock !
    Storm between Perdue and outlook last night ??

Comment

Crops look decent for most part. Early seeded stuff kinda sucks but later by a matter of a few days looks better. Soil was cold so maybe that had something to do with it. Was pretty much done when we got a 2” shot beginning of June and a couple tenths in a couple of night sneaker showers. Since then we haven’t anything big except night before we had a short hard shot. Checked the gauge and said 2/10” but it didn’t look like it. Maybe the kids were messing with me but they said no. There’s lots of soil moisture and I suspect everything is rooting as my crops are sitting there. Canola at 6 leaf, flag starting to emerge on main tiller etc. Later seeded barley nothing to write home about yet. We need a good rain eventually.

As a side note this is the first time in a long time I’ve seen guys not seed quarters because it got too late because of 2019 harvest. Most would but this year they must’ve said it wasn’t worth it. Probably a good call as we’ve been caught with poor falls as of late. Most times our falls are quite open till November at times but last 5 years winter came early. We need a normal year to catch up.

Comment

Went north Tuesday
        Glaslyn and Meadow have lots drown out spots , fields still wet . The odd great crop but majority very late . Some very heavy weed pressure in others but that’s expected unfortunately as wet as they have been
        Beaver River highest we ever seen , the whole flat was under water
        Wathen river high as well but nothing like the beaver

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Went north Tuesday
          Glaslyn and Meadow have lots drown out spots , fields still wet . The odd great crop but majority very late . Some very heavy weed pressure in others but that’s expected unfortunately as wet as they have been
          Beaver River highest we ever seen , the whole flat was under water
          Wathen river high as well but nothing like the beaver
          I hear guys are selling cows cause bush pastures and meadows are flooded.

Comment

Spraying Blackbeans tonight ..

Chuck what you doing ? Going through 6 months of post ms trying to drag up something to label some of us with LOL 😂

Comment

Not a rainy day it missed by about 20 miles east.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                The only crop with heads around here is the rye that got wayyyyy ahead of the cows.

If it wasn’t on new clearing that’s full of roots and stumps we’d probably combine it since it’s a nice stand. Actually taller than me in spots and the quad disappears when you’re 20 feet away.

The corn has a long way to go to catch up.

Almost done calving too.

This momma is trying to make up for the calves lost in the earlier storms. A red heifer and a black bull. She’s obviously not racist or sexist.

Ordered a liquid preservative applicator for the baler to hopefully make a bunch of bales to sell. Aiming to start cutting but the Ma Nature hasn’t been opening the weather window very far here.

Got a half inch and lots of pea sized hail the other day in ten minutes. Luckily got to watch it from the covered deck of the house instead of out in the field checking fence like I was a few minutes before.

Kinda need the sun to pick up the pace and start bringing these crops along or the five letter “F” word will get them in the end.

Wish we could share this moisture.

Hopefully everybody gets what they need sooner than later.
                I love watching your operation.

Comment

Looks like have to wait on last field ....

Not much but not worth the chance

Comment

Good forecasts lol
                    Was all good this morning on WN and EC 👎

Comment

Having a coffee then heading out to spray last 120 ac. Then head to lake to enjoy some R&R.
                      It has been a long spring!
                      My goal every spring is not to in crop spray in July.
                      Time for golf and beers 🍻!

Comment

The clear sky here we are rolling, two days spraying and were done. For now or gone fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          The clear sky here we are rolling, two days spraying and were done. For now or gone fishing.
                          Those last two days of everything we have done this spring seem to take an eternity.
                          Can’t say rain was the culprit .... we all know what the nemesis was!!
                          Go fishing have some fun SKF.... between taking off third of your crop this spring, then seed, and spray think you need a break.
                          I was looking forward to attend my first Ag In Motion in July ... hopefully next yr.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                            Having a coffee then heading out to spray last 120 ac. Then head to lake to enjoy some R&R.
                            Me too !
                            Barley and peas are in really rough shape from that 2” we had a week ago ?
                            We were dry , i thought ?
                            Can see every wheel track in everyones peas and barley
                            That non stop wind sure beat the shit outta everything
                            Spraying last of RR canola second time this mornin
                            Them off to the lake , tobin really dirty from alberta water , fishing poor

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                              Me too !
                              Barley and peas are in really rough shape from that 2” we had a week ago ?
                              We were dry , i thought ?
                              Can see every wheel track in everyones peas and barley
                              That non stop wind sure beat the shit outta everything
                              Spraying last of RR canola second time this mornin
                              Them off to the lake , tobin really dirty from alberta water , fishing poor

Comment

For you guys getting wrapped up I hope you get good weather and a few fish to eat 👍
                                We were lucky Tues/ Wednesday with ideal weather ,no wind ,good Company and enough fish for a good meal on lake .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.