• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CO2 levels too low?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s the flat earth club!

Don’t try to prove your theory with a homemade rocket! Or any wacky climate change denial science project ideas! LOL

Stay safe and happy seeding.

Comment

Good thing we listen to all the so called experts. With all their expert leadership look where it’s lead us in the Corona virus bullshit. No different than the climate change crap. Anything to stir up fear and division. If u can’t scare em it won’t sell. If they wanted to scare people explain to them the economic shit storm that’s gonna hit after this virus horseshit is done. Not that it wasn’t coming without the virus garbage but people are so dumb they have no clue that borrowing from tomorrow to pay for today eventually bites u in the ass. Part that pisses me off even more is the fact that some of us tried to run a fiscally responsible ship while others spent like drunken sailors and now this fiasco is gonna hurt all of us especially if u have equity. I’m sure our donkey in Ottawa will try and steal more of that from us as well.

Comment

CO2 levels too low?

Ok everyone take afew deep breaths
        Take another one and count to ten....
        Exhale...

Better now?

Everyone needs to start breathing more if you want to increase CO2 levels!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          CO2 levels too low?

Ok everyone take afew deep breaths
          Take another one and count to ten....
          Exhale...

Better now?

Everyone needs to start breathing more if you want to increase CO2 levels!
          I blame the cursed grain farmers. They keep planting crops which keep enjoying the CO2 that me, my family and my livestock work so hard to produce. Maybe if you straight grain guys could take a few years off, we could make some real progress.

I can think of a few folks who are really worked up about CO2, for whom if they were to hold their breath long enough to have a measurable impact on CO2 levels would be doing a service to humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            It’s the flat earth club!

Don’t try to prove your theory with a homemade rocket! Or any wacky climate change denial science project ideas! LOL

Stay safe and happy seeding.
            SO predictable I could write the responses myself. Rather than fact check anything that might not confirm your bias, just resort to the old standby of flat earth club and insults. Thanks for being reliable.

Comment

I only keep repeating myself because you and your club members keep repeating your bizarre unscientific theories and untruths.

Dangerously low CO2 levels is wacky idea. They were significantly lower in the mid 1800s and have been rising ever since. But don’t let scientific facts get in the way of your thinking!

If CO2 is dangerously low and cooling is occurs wouldn’t the glaciers in the Rockies be growing? They are still shrinking!

The Human caused climate change period of the last 170 years or so iS the period most relevant to the increase in CO2 levels and human impact.

All other eras prior to this period are irrelevant to measuring human impact.

Comment

I only keep repeating myself because you and your club members keep repeating your bizarre unscientific theories and untruths.

Dangerously low CO2 levels is wacky idea. They were significantly lower in the mid 1800s and have been rising ever since. But don’t let scientific facts get in the way of your thinking!
                So there you have it folks. Any scientist who dares to point out the evidence of much higher CO2 levels in earths geological history is unscientific, speaking untruths, wacky, bizarre etc. Sounds like a good starting point to have an open rational scientific debate about the dangers of or unprecedented nature of our current dismal levels of CO2.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                  I would say there isn't enough heavy breathing going on in your house.
                  Ache4acres hasn't yet responded to your suggestion. I assume that means that he is performing the experiment, and showing his true dedication to science, has had to repeat it over and over to get reliable repeatable results.

Comment

If you are so worried about global cooling look up up what is the cause of the glacial periods. There are several factors. None of which is having a significant impact at the moment.

Human caused climate change period data is the most important because the periods prior to human influence had millions of years of other causes. The earth is a few billions of years old. Do you think the billions of years of the planets history is relative to the last 170?

Where do you think all the carbon from burning millions of barrels of oil and other fossil fuels is going? Is it all “just soot“ as you once said? LOL

Comment

If you are so worried about global cooling look up up what is the cause of the glacial periods. There are several factors. None of which is having a significant impact at the moment.

Human caused climate change period data is the most important because the periods prior to human influence had millions of years of other causes. The earth is a few billions of years old. Do you think the billions of years of the planets history is relative to the last 170?

Where do you think all the carbon from burning millions of barrels of oil and other fossil fuels is going? Is it all “just soot“ as you once said? LOL
                      Well, thanks for clarifying that. So for millions of years, there were other causes, now there is just humans...
                      And historical lack of corellation between CO2 and temp (97% of the time there has been no corellation) is not relevant today, only models.
                      Got it.

Comment

Never ever said it was just humans. Significant Natural changes Took place over 1000s and 10000s of years,a very different time scale compared to human caused changes since the industrial revolution.

It’s a good thing we have you to explain the history of the worlds climate in a few sentences. All those 1000s of climate and geo scientists I guess there not needed. It can all be explained by a small group of skeptical farmers who barely understand the difference between weather and climate. LOL
                        Last edited by chuckChuck; May 23, 2020, 18:15.

Comment

I hope you got something done today? Thanks to auto steer I got 250 acres seeded while chatting with you listening to music. Sure makes the day go faster.
                          Last edited by chuckChuck; May 23, 2020, 18:31.

Comment

Chuck I sense you are in favor of reducing carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere.

Assuming you ran a scandal free campaign and were elected leader of the world, how would you reduce CO2
                            levels without causing world economies to slow down, which would lead to more poverty and deaths, remembering what this present slow down has done.

A natural reduction of oil use through progressive taxation would only be a slower death for many.

There are more people, some high profile, rolling off the climate change band wagon.

Do you think you will ever at some point in time really start to question this movements validity and the wealth transfer that is taking place under the guise of climate cooling/warming . . . .they made sure to cover both directions, that way the probability of being wrong is very close to zero.

If some liberal MP's came forward and said the carbon dioxide tax was a hoax, would that start some skepticism in your thinking or would the UN have to admit their scientists have miscalculated the effect of CO2 on global warming/cooling or what if Al Gore said it's all a scam. What would it take?

Or would you and a small group of diehards still be on the battlefield hill swinging your empty guns.

Comment

I hope you got something done today? Thanks to auto steer I got 250 acres seeded while chatting with you listening to music. Sure makes the day go faster.
                              ....u bet! 👍
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	769725

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                                Chuck I sense you are in favor of reducing carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere.

Assuming you ran a scandal free campaign and were elected leader of the world, how would you reduce CO2
                                levels without causing world economies to slow down, which would lead to more poverty and deaths, remembering what this present slow down has done.

A natural reduction of oil use through progressive taxation would only be a slower death for many.

There are more people, some high profile, rolling off the climate change band wagon.

Do you think you will ever at some point in time really start to question this movements validity and the wealth transfer that is taking place under the guise of climate cooling/warming . . . .they made sure to cover both directions, that way the probability of being wrong is very close to zero.

If some liberal MP's came forward and said the carbon dioxide tax was a hoax, would that start some skepticism in your thinking or would the UN have to admit their scientists have miscalculated the effect of CO2 on global warming/cooling or what if Al Gore said it's all a scam. What would it take?

Or would you and a small group of diehards still be on the battlefield hill swinging your empty guns.
                                You are wasting your time, I've asked similar question, about his line in the sand. The response seems to indicate that there is none, as is to be expected from an idealogue. Like any adherent to a religious cult, you don't dare question the belief.

On the other side of the equation, if you ask any realist what evidence it would take to change their mind, they will have a reasonable answer, likely with a quantifiable metric, and within a short time frame.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.