• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Payment Program

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Payment Program

What has changed with the advanced payment program to make them so slow processing applications? Did AAFC change something?

Originally posted by NoBS View Post
    What has changed with the advanced payment program to make them so slow processing applications? Did AAFC change something?
    I think they have new credit check requirements and people working from home. ...

Meanwhile they tossed billions out to the general population and are going to look for the scammers next year....as in never...
    Last edited by bucket; May 22, 2020, 12:30.

Comment

I said it a lot earlier there are big acres not being seeded.

There is so much tied up in security that it will take months for some.

All our farm groups patted them on the back for a fk d up job of doing nothing. Fcc only got money for processors and if small farmers want to sell out to Chinese or other corporates they have more money for those loans that will all get lost in the bankruptcies that we ve all seen.

Totally lost lending institution no direction of keeping Canadians actually farming. Shouldn’t be called farm credit but transfer your farm to a foreigner or large corporate credit.

Comment

Farm with cash. Quit living beyond your needs and means. Then there's no need for FCC cga etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
          Farm with cash. Quit living beyond your needs and means. Then there's no need for FCC cga etc etc
          You must be a pipeline welder.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
            You must be a pipeline welder.
            Or using daddy’s money

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
              Same could be said for the rest of the population so the government didn't have to throw 250 billion into the economy...

You do realize they are paying people to watch Netflix...

Give a farmer money and he will be working....

Comment

Nothing more dangerous than a farmer with money

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  Nothing more dangerous than a farmer with money
                  Give a farmer five dollars, and he'll go to town and spend ten.

Comment

He might even spend fifteen, because man that crop that is 3 months from being in the bin sure looks good.

Comment

2.3 billion sitting in agri invest accounts. Perhaps govt should give assistance to those that have used it up and are still struggling due to matters out of farmers control. instead of looking whats in farmers accounts as a whole.

Comment

Using other people’s money works. Until it doesn’t. These guys have a point in saying to use your own cash/ live within means etc.. I guess I can see both sides, because I was on the one side and I got burnt. Now I am more on the other side I guess.

Hard to understand unless you are hit by multiple years of pure crap. Most will be fine with this system, because multiple years of pure crap seems to be rare generally. But some of us who have had multiple years of crap are not.

Nothing is scarier, or more humbling than losing multiple crops and then being unable to pay back other people’s money in a timely manner.

It works, until it doesn’t work.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                          Or using daddy’s money

Or build a business from the ground up and have the discipline to grow it with cash.

It's a massive hindrance in Canada. Debt.

Every person business farm etc has so much debt, these entities have no freedom or power over their destinies.

Small businesses in Canada have so much debt, it doesn't add to productivity.

If taking new debt doesn't increase output and profitability it is bad debt.

Every dollar of debt you take on has to increase productivity by $1.50 or it isn't worth the risk.

There are some farmers and business people with low debt levels and cash reserves these will be making a killing going forward

Comment

I like your thinking Zephyr, but in a country with punitive and regressive personal income taxes, how does one save up the capital to start a business in the first place? The system is almost designed to force entrepreneurs into debt.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              I like your thinking Zephyr, but in a country with punitive and regressive personal income taxes, how does one save up the capital to start a business in the first place? The system is almost designed to force entrepreneurs into debt.

You're right.

The TFSA was a good start. A fund to allow persons to put their income into an account tax free for 8 years with no limits on the condition they start a business with those funds within the 8 year period would be a good start.

An incubator of sorts.

Banning foreign ownership and investment in single-family homes, individual condos, and individual townhouses.

Rejig our money laundering surveillance, policing, and prosecution systems with hefty fines and seizures would bring in billions of income while stabilizing home prices.

For a country our size, with every building material available within the nation and surplus land a "normal" (non-luxury) single family home should not be worth $1,000,000 never mind $3,000,000.

Rejig immigration to bring in people with skills from known countries that have skills, perhaps help some move that have talent and drive but aren't able to come on their own.

There would need to be supports in place for the bloodbath a 50% drop in housing would cause, but we are already in a position of uncharted territory.

Build out our energy infrastructure. Oil/gas, electricity (Manitoba and Quebec need to be able to sell their renewable power across a national grid), hydrogen, geothermal, biomass.

High speed train or Hyperloop tech connecting every Canadian city over 175,000 people. Power it with green/renewable energy from dams, geothermal. Build it now and put 50,000 Canadians to work. The effect it would have on GDP would be incredible.

Build out our nuclear power capacity.

Increase export capacity through more/new/upgraded port facilities on all three coasts.

Make inputs (land, buildings, power, resources) efficient and cheap to get. This will spur manufacturing and allow people to work good paying jobs.

Agriculture - disband FCC. Replace it with FSA type system. Max loans $1,000,000 max farm size to use 1500 acres. Interest free for a decade to those wanting to start a farm. We need more, smaller, diversified producers. Same for processors.
                              Production needs to be decentralized.

I can go on. But we're way off topic already!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.