• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Travel and Covid

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Travel and Covid

National Post article highlights the fact that we are still welcoming foreigners into our international airports - but non-essential travel to US - oh no. So Canadian Border services is asked, “ what foreigners are still flying into Canada?” Good question, when the cities with international airports are hard-hit by Covid 19. (Montreal in particular) So, we quarantine healthy people and cripple the nation and continue to leave the border open to who? They won’t say.

Something is seriously phucky when you compare Dow Jones vs NASDAQ. Imo it's screaming there's focused selling going on. Have a look at TSX as well, it's taking more of a DJ appearance. Nasdaq is full out bullish compared to Tsx and DJ. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what's going on, but the retail sector of investors is saying risk off while the funds and big money is holding back. It's like the individual is calling bs, also could be regulation preventing managed money from re- entering due to their 60/40 equity/ bond holding. This divergence between markets is worth watching. And no, zoom meetings are not the fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
      Something is seriously phucky when you compare Dow Jones vs NASDAQ. Imo it's screaming there's focused selling going on. Have a look at TSX as well, it's taking more of a DJ appearance. Nasdaq is full out bullish compared to Tsx and DJ. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what's going on, but the retail sector of investors is saying risk off while the funds and big money is holding back. It's like the individual is calling bs, also could be regulation preventing managed money from re- entering due to their 60/40 equity/ bond holding. This divergence between markets is worth watching. And no, zoom meetings are not the fuel.
      Go to the S&P 500, its holding all those tech stocks as well. Forced disruption looks like to me.

TSX is filled with financials and resource stocks so no wonder that thing goes nowhere with skippy in destruction mode.

Comment

I am wondering when the US border will reopen. My guess is that the dear leader will try to put that off as long as possible because he doesn't want canuckistani to spend their covid cash in the US. Most canuckistani will do just that once the border reopens. I also want to travel more stateside so they are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          National Post article highlights the fact that we are still welcoming foreigners into our international airports - but non-essential travel to US - oh no. So Canadian Border services is asked, “ what foreigners are still flying into Canada?” Good question, when the cities with international airports are hard-hit by Covid 19. (Montreal in particular) So, we quarantine healthy people and cripple the nation and continue to leave the border open to who? They won’t say.
          Barn doors still open while the rest of the barn on lock down . Seems ass backwards

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.