• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real or not ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real or not ??

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

Comment

I’d say real in terms of policy. Governments are struggling under the load of COVID.

To put it frankly, and not that I endorse it, every govt today is struggling under the weight of an aging elderly population and associated health care costs. If a few million of the worlds population over 80 die, lots of govts would breath a sigh of relief. The cost of that type of policy is a lot less than trying to put a million into ICU.

Trump is taking things to an extreme and if he puts everyone back to work too soon could risk a massive US outbreak. He’s not that crazy too risk it. I bet he holds off until closer to 3rd week in April.

As a side note I keep saying this is like burning stubble. We have had a few big ones get away and when they are roaring across the field it seems like the world will burn down, but then suddenly it hits the fire break and it is done Faster than it started. COVID is the fire. In my opinion We will see things get back to normal in a few weeks. Just in time for my second quarantine on the tractor.

Be safe everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
        I’d say real in terms of policy. Governments are struggling under the load of COVID.

To put it frankly, and not that I endorse it, every govt today is struggling under the weight of an aging elderly population and associated health care costs. If a few million of the worlds population over 80 die, lots of govts would breath a sigh of relief. The cost of that type of policy is a lot less than trying to put a million into ICU.

Trump is taking things to an extreme and if he puts everyone back to work too soon could risk a massive US outbreak. He’s not that crazy too risk it. I bet he holds off until closer to 3rd week in April.

As a side note I keep saying this is like burning stubble. We have had a few big ones get away and when they are roaring across the field it seems like the world will burn down, but then suddenly it hits the fire break and it is done Faster than it started. COVID is the fire. In my opinion We will see things get back to normal in a few weeks. Just in time for my second quarantine on the tractor.

Be safe everyone.
        https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/coronavirus-covid-economy-seniors-1.5510079 https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/coronavirus-covid-economy-seniors-1.5510079

"Politicians who consider sacrificing the old for the sake of the economy face a backlash"

Yet, in wartime, it was the young men who sacrificed their lives by the hundreds of thousands,

Life hands out some darn tough dilemmas. Sometimes reality just takes over.

I am in the over-60 bracket, as are maybe the majority of farmers and posters here.

Comment

Boy did this thread title disappoint me. I was expecting trivia about Boob jobs!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
            Boy did this thread title disappoint me. I was expecting trivia about Boob jobs!
            Well there is a lot of “fake” things out there lol , was just curious if this article was legit and the UK has down graded the seriousness of this virus or not .

Comment

Be safe everyone.
              Hope you are right ! Lots of people want to get back to a new normal.

Comment

To put it frankly, and not that I endorse it, every govt today is struggling under the weight of an aging elderly population and associated health care costs. If a few million of the worlds population over 80 die, lots of govts would breath a sigh of relief.

Then why didn't they just let it run rampant?

Comment

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
                  Then why didn't they just let it run rampant?
                  You obviously have not heard that there are an alarming number of younger people in ICU.

Comment

Political suicide that’s why. That’s the reason trump is backing off his hard stance. He will get everyone back early and the rest will follow. The economic impact of this is enormous and not sustainable

Comment

I am glad to hear many drugs and combinations are working. Just like Trump said, the combined drugs give hope that we can get a handle on the virus. Canada will be rolled into the fetal position with Trudeau holed up at the cottage figuring out ways to kill our economy long after Trump has US percolating.

Comment

Be fun to watch Brazil on the other end of the spectrum. They aren't doing a thing other than letting nature take its course.

Bolsonaro said people are going to die, it's a fact of life. Quit being a bunch of pussies. We can't afford to **** up the economy with quarantine. You might die, I might die and life will go on.

Then you have the cartels and drug gangs that are going door to door handing out hand sanitizer and face masks.

So you have Brazil on one end of spectrum, Canada on the other and US in the middle. My bets are US comes out strongest of all. But maybe Brazil if they don't waste money trying to save 80 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                          You obviously have not heard that there are an alarming number of younger people in ICU.
                          You do know there are floors of babies in NICUs all over the world? People get sick at any age and for just about any reason.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                            http://www.buzzerco.com/BBB.htm

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              You do know there are floors of babies in NICUs all over the world? People get sick at any age and for just about any reason.
                              So which ones will you keep in the ICU, cov-19 patients or babies? There are only so many ICU s and ICU nurses.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.