• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Europe So Green

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    Just talked to fellow in Holland pays .22 Euro for a kwh. All in with distribution we pay $0.34 cana buck

A little looking finds 1.71 cdn dollar in a pound. 1 kwh in UK costs 12 to 13 pence or 22 cdn cents per kwh plus fixed charge of 80 to 100 lb

Poverty in UK is 60% of the mean. The article is short on numbers, but they pay what we do. The article is click bait, perfect for Agriville.

https://www.ukpower.co.uk/home_energy/tariffs-per-unit-kwh https://www.ukpower.co.uk/home_energy/tariffs-per-unit-kwh
    Wow that's high. Much more reasonable in Sask.

Comment

We are setting the price by growing too much for the amount of rich people who can afford to buy it. You can't always absolve yourself and blame everyone else.
      WTF does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
        WTF does this mean?
        Ever hear of supply and demand? Probably not.

Comment

Ever hear of supply and demand? Probably not.
          Bahaha Daddy tell you that one? So if we produce more, it increases supply. Increased supply, lower price. Lower price, cheaper to eat. Cheaper to eat, the poor buy more with the funds they have.

That is why I am curious why you argue the opposite?

Comment

Newsfeed on my Iphone told me just today that subsidies for solar panels in Nevada means that citizens get their panels free......so we asked the waitress at Red Rock, “do you have free solar panels on your roof?” She says , “No Way, the installation would still cost us monthly bills adding up to $20,000 and for a few months in the summer, the electric bill goes up over $100 - $170 to run the air conditioning.” “We use natural gas in winter and the bill is around $70 a month”. She says it is a totally wasteful use of her money.

Comment

The green narrative is dOA. EU votes to forge ahead with 32 natural gas projects.

Climate radicals should have some pride and admit they lost. They pinned their hopes on fumbling science and the unicorn supposedly riding in to save them. All of it has failed. Now we are stuck with just the radicals left behind who dont know it yet.

Greta is not happy.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/feb/12/eu-accused-of-climate-crisis-hypocrisy-after-backing-32-gas-projects EU accused of climate crisis hypocrisy after backing 32 gas projects
              Last edited by jazz; Feb 13, 2020, 09:29.

Comment

And just out today, the US was the only country on the planet that reduced its emissions last year. All while becoming energy independent, no carbon tax or any UN bullshit.

Comment

Bahaha Daddy tell you that one? So if we produce more, it increases supply. Increased supply, lower price. Lower price, cheaper to eat. Cheaper to eat, the poor buy more with the funds they have.

He also doesn’t think canola prices have decreased the last 20 months even though charts and statistics show differently.

Comment

And how is cheaper price working out for you for your farm net? Also curious why you argue cheaper is better.

For the other sods on canola price. 490 average last 5 years, and now its 462. Incredibly 38 bucks down from the average, how will you ever survive....

Click image for larger version

Name:	5year.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	769388

Comment

Let me update your economic training tweety, if we dont produce it, someone else will and they will take that market away from us and then your supply and demand graphs will be meaningless.

The observed price swings between oversupply and under production are meaningless. 10% of the canola crop is spoiled or stil in the field. Another 50% is probably grading 2 or 3. And anything that is even close to a number one has to be dried down before anyone will take it. Did you see any price uptick?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Let me update your economic training tweety, if we dont produce it, someone else will and they will take that market away from us and then your supply and demand graphs will be meaningless.

The observed price swings between oversupply and under production are meaningless. 10% of the canola crop is spoiled or stil in the field. Another 50% is probably grading 2 or 3. And anything that is even close to a number one has to be dried down before anyone will take it. Did you see any price uptick?

"We" is farmers. All of them, Why do i have to keep saying that? Maybe grab a can of Boost.

You really struggle with math, don't you - averages especially. Those "meaningless" numbers in the chart produce an average price - and right now we are pretty close to the 5 year average. If the price today was 362, then you'd actually have something to whine about - like that would help.

BTW, your article is crap. Click bait for the weak minded. The price of electricity in UK is about the same as here.

Comment

BTW, your article is crap. Click bait for the weak minded. The price of electricity in UK is about the same as here.
                          Well that's weird, if the renewables were such a godsend why did they greenlight 32 natural gas generation projects?

Did you bother to read it? The statement came from the EU itself. I think they should have a pretty good handle on who is living in energy poverty.

Frankly I don't give a damn what other farmers in other countries do. We, as in Canadian farmers, have a small and precarious position in the world for our ag products and anything that disrupts that supply would kill our industry dead.

Sounds like you are an advocate for some central planning, just like the ol USSR used to do.

Comment

And how is cheaper price working out for you for your farm net? Also curious why you argue cheaper is better.

For the other sods on canola price. 490 average last 5 years, and now its 462. Incredibly 38 bucks down from the average, how will you ever survive....

[ATTACH]5598[/ATTACH]
                            You were arguing that we only produce food for the rich and don't feed the poor. My point was by producing more we make it cheaper for the poor. Keep on track here. I wasn't complaining about the price.

Comment

You were arguing that we only produce food for the rich and don't feed the poor. My point was by producing more we make it cheaper for the poor. Keep on track here. I wasn't complaining about the price.
                              You really want to produce wheat for 2$ a bushel so the poor can afford it? How will that help? It can't just be a volume thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                Well that's weird, if the renewables were such a godsend why did they greenlight 32 natural gas generation projects?

Did you bother to read it? The statement came from the EU itself. I think they should have a pretty good handle on who is living in energy poverty.

Frankly I don't give a damn what other farmers in other countries do. We, as in Canadian farmers, have a small and precarious position in the world for our ag products and anything that disrupts that supply would kill our industry dead.

Sounds like you are an advocate for some central planning, just like the ol USSR used to do.
                                The statement didn't come from the EU, the EU doesn't make statements, advocacy groups do. Mark Mike is one of them, policy analyst and writer for Canadians for Affordable Energy. No data in the article, just advocacy for non renewable energy. Stop being so blind.

Fact of the matter is residents of UK don't make enough money. Their power price is the same as ours.

I know you don't give a dam about other farmers in other countries, that's your first problem. Blinders.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.