• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 10 no harvesting and its getting sick already.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
    If this is a drying day.
    Hate to see a wet one.
    Yeah, wet here too - was at half an inch by 9am, haven't been back out to check since. I reckon 7" in September here and over an inch in October already. Looks like a drying trend going forward though - hopefully it comes true for everyone to get back on the land.

Got to ask SF3 though - did you just drive the swather into the slough for the photo op? There obviously wasn't any crop there.

Comment

Whoa boys, it’s the first week of October, not December. Some area may get nuts kicked to next spring, but most will come off yet. Quality will suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Wind finally ditched Misty for Sunshine! Lets get this party started!
        Might take a bit to get this party going.
        Next question will be how impatient to be....how tough?
        Tick tock tick tock

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Might take a bit to get this party going.
          Next question will be how impatient to be....how tough?
          Tick tock tick tock
          Wheat's coming off at 19-20 here.

Canola is still 20... nobody is touching that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
            Wheat's coming off at 19-20 here.

Canola is still 20... nobody is touching that yet.
            Hard to justify drying feed wheat down from that mkisture level.

Comment

Hard to justify drying feed wheat down from that mkisture level.
              All 1's and 2's around here still. Anything lower tends to be from sprouts. Not that the price of No Protein 1 is a celebration to offset drying costs.

I was just proven a liar. Seen a 13.4 canola but it's been swathed for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                Nothing more humbling for wanabe BTO s ,than the realization that we are all at the mercy of the weather no matter how good an operator you are. Unfortunately it takes a mental toll. Most farmers are too emotionally invested in their operation.

I never wanted to be a BTO when we were young farmers, operating on a shoestring, doing everything we could to stay a float. It wasn’t that much fun. We stayed in because that’s where our life, our friends and our family was. Stressful times for young people and I wouldn’t want to make light of their trials no matter what size they are. R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Comment

Hand thrashed canola and yellow mustard are untestable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191005_151225.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	769004
                  Suprisingly its brighter yellow than the picrure shows👍.

Good drying day here now. Hope we don't lose our gains to the 30% chance of rain tonight.

Comment

Hand thrashed canola and yellow mustard are untestable.

[ATTACH]5082[/ATTACH]
                    Suprisingly its brighter yellow than the picrure shows👍.

Good drying day here now. Hope we don't lose our gains to the 30% chance of rain tonight.
                    12.1 hand threshed, canola, dry tomorrow, swathed over a month.
                    Neighbor tried with combine across the road, swathed even longer ago, 13%
                    Last edited by fjlip; Oct 5, 2019, 17:04.

Comment

Standing canola testing 18. Black clouds rolling in.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        Standing canola testing 18. Black clouds rolling in.
                        Yep raining

Comment

Only 10? You sure farm in a nice place. Relax, that's nothing.

Comment

No rain but swathed canola off charts 15 +

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                              Only 10? You sure farm in a nice place. Relax, that's nothing.
                              Quit trying to be a warble. Its October and dry grain is going to be, or mjght be, harder to get. I wish I had a crystal ball that worked. Anyone know any good "MISFORTUNE" tellers? And alot of people have alot to do, everyone is in the same boat. Such a wide area. Drew sent out an audio byte....we aren't out of the woods yet and there is some shit coming for some areas. For us...we need to get through tonight's chance of rain. Then early next week it looks crappy again. We need an October drought! Ok Oct/Nov, so everyone gets done!

Comment

Tried my first sample today. Swathed was 23 and standing was 19 and I don't have a dryer.
                                Any other year I'd be stressed but my son went under a truck last harvest and had 8 weeks in intensive care before leaving with a pacemaker, my mom died on christmas eve and my dad died in July. So this crappy weather doesn't seem to compare.

It's only a crop and having a heart attack stressing won't change the weather.
                                Last edited by Ronski; Oct 5, 2019, 18:39. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.