• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 10 no harvesting and its getting sick already.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 10 no harvesting and its getting sick already.

Day 10 of sitting and looking at the sky as fog and mist happen all day again.

This is getting sick; hell Trudeau makes more sense than the weather this fall.

Yes, I have seen many years like this, but this time I have a way to much out, and it bugs the shit out of me.

We had five days to harvest in Sept. We went on all of them and dried every single bushel.

If it flows, it goes is our motto most years. But we sit and look at the mist. Literally, yesterday it was mist and cold all day Mist.

Last summer we looked at the big dryer to change ours up to and made a plan when we were done we would sell ours and order it for 2020. Well, we're a long way from done and having it we would be no further along.

Renting eight combines to add to ours we still wouldn't have any more done.

This sitting and thinking are not fun.

Hauling gravel today as the yard is ****ing muddy.

The dryer will be done all we had up to this point this afternoon, so we sit some more.

Yea, farming what a ****ing life.

Click image for larger version

Name:	59192021400__3493A340-1A18-4450-8FC3-01623426F7CD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	779195

Maybe you could put a call into the sask ag minister's office and tell them the crop isn't ready and his remarks yesterday were just stupid...

Crops were not ripe before the rain and the stats prove it....and it didn't cure between the rain and the snow later and it's not curing now....

This isn't something to ignore....the province's budget is 15 billion.....there is 12 billion gross dollars in the field....

Comment

Thick fog this morn.
      Any bets on which date sask ag will consider the remainder of the crop will not get harvested?
      Nov 1st or Dec 1st??
      Or will they say it will be there may 1st..

Comment

Nothing more humbling for wanabe BTO s ,than the realization that we are all at the mercy of the weather no matter how good an operator you are. Unfortunately it takes a mental toll. Most farmers are too emotionally invested in their operation.

Comment

the COLD WET 50's are back, 70 years later...climate changed AGAIN! Combined on frozen ground/ice sloughs just enough to feed livestock, so they folks told me. With the 55 in my avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            Nothing more humbling for wanabe BTO s ,than the realization that we are all at the mercy of the weather no matter how good an operator you are. Unfortunately it takes a mental toll. Most farmers are too emotionally invested in their operation.
            Tell that to the banker or your family when the crop is in the field and for 90% of guys , bills still need to be paid .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Tell that to the banker or your family when the crop is in the field and for 90% of guys , bills still need to be paid .
              I have left crop out. It is THE most stressful and financially damaging thing I can think of in farming. But I have only ever left out 60% of my crop. Lol, ONLY 60%.... This year it could be the whole thing. The only thing is misery loves company, so where I felt alone before, I may not this year.

Which may mean that the industry players are going to have to show some patience until harvest can happen in spring, because of course crop insurance won’t pay until you harvest the bloody thing.

When you can’t pay bills and have no idea what the crop will be in the spring, it makes for the longest winter you can imagine.

Comment

Only experience with crop left out was swathed wheat, before the days of wildlife damage compensation.
                Most of canola crop still in swath this year along with some standing wheat, wondering what to expect if it stays out over winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  I have left crop out. It is THE most stressful and financially damaging thing I can think of in farming. But I have only ever left out 60% of my crop. Lol, ONLY 60%.... This year it could be the whole thing. The only thing is misery loves company, so where I felt alone before, I may not this year.

Which may mean that the industry players are going to have to show some patience until harvest can happen in spring, because of course crop insurance won’t pay until you harvest the bloody thing.

When you can’t pay bills and have no idea what the crop will be in the spring, it makes for the longest winter you can imagine.
                  We never have been there , but close .
                  For some to say don’t get too emotional, well you must have other sources if a great income off the farm .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    We never have been there , but close .
                    For some to say don’t get too emotional, well you must have other sources if a great income off the farm .
                    Without the emotional attachment to the farm, 99.9% of us would have been long gone years ago. The other .1% would be admitted....

Farming without emotions is not farming at all....

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                      I'm not even going to comment on this statement,,, I just want to repost it here to make sure everyone gets to see what this A hole thinks!

Just remember this next time agstar77 bothers to post anything.

Comment

How can somebody not become emotionally invested in something they dedicate the majority of their hours every day in to succeeding...

That'd be like saying too many people are too emotionally invested in their marriage and that’s why they end up hurt and divorcing.

If it’s just a job to someone, fine. But farming is usually more than a job, it’s a lifestyle and yes, people tend to be emotionally involved in their lives.
                        Last edited by Blaithin; Oct 5, 2019, 13:18.

Comment

Just read on discover Humboldt.
                          Harvest at 50% because North East making progress.
                          So farmers not that far behind.it states.
                          So stop worrying guys..

Comment

If this is a drying day.
                            Hate to see a wet one.

Comment

Wind finally ditched Misty for Sunshine! Lets get this party started!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...