• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are things getting desperate enough to co-operate yet?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are things getting desperate enough to co-operate yet?

I'm sharing this video on the meltdown in the beef sector in the US as it will affect Canada too. It's about beef but are you grain guys in any better shape with regard to bids on your grains/oilseeds?
    Well worth a watch if you've got time on a wet day - it's not about Trump or the CWB - just about the need for farmers and ranchers to work together when times get desperate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diNdoqPc-Uc http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diNdoqPc-Uc

There are still people licking their lips at this current situation to take advantage of anyone who might have difficulty...it doesn't hit home until it happens to them and then there will be no neighbours left...

Comment

thats what needs to happen , but it won't until all our food is coming from china

Comment

This is what Peter Zeihan talked about. Canadian Ag in the current paradigm is not sustainable long term because of our cost structures, transport costs, social programs, carbon taxes and equalization transfers. There is no jurisdiction on the planet that has those headwinds against them. We either need a big change or the industry will die. Same problem the oil industry has.

FF to the 3m mark for your answers.

Last edited by jazz; Sep 10, 2019, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          ....Supply demand dynamics should be allowed to work.....
          If only. What just happened in the US was not supply/demand working it was blatant market manipulation to collapse cattle values. One packing house burnt down which caused all the packers to drop bids substantially on live cattle (because there wouldn't be capacity to handle the numbers) and at the same time they increased box beef prices substantially to retailers by telling them there was a shortage of beef due to the fire. Yet the weekly statistics prove clearly that cattle slaughter barely skipped a beat - there is no shortage of kill space to handle the numbers.

Edit: I preferred your previous post as it at least made some sense. The video I posted, in case you didn't watch it, was about the melt down of the US cattle industry - so you propose Alberta becoming the 51st state as a solution? WTF??
          Last edited by grassfarmer; Sep 10, 2019, 11:43. Reason: Original reply was removed

Comment

thats exactly what it is grass
            they're paying $3 for oats from the combine here now , since happy hour hasn't started
            oat acres , i think were up 15%, but wtf? the oat carry over is gone, gone, gone
            was never there to start with they just depend on "harvest happy hour" to **** us over

Comment

What's the space like on the prairies....after this rain?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                What's the space like on the prairies....after this rain?
                The trains are booked!
                The sales were made!
                Where's the grain?

What's quality wheat worth?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  The trains are booked!
                  The sales were made!
                  Where's the grain?

What's quality wheat worth?
                  $5.75 , big special on here for #1 , 14.5 px that we were to stupid to sell for $7 in march. probably gonna have a birthday

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    Edit: I preferred your previous post as it at least made some sense. The video I posted, in case you didn't watch it, was about the melt down of the US cattle industry - so you propose Alberta becoming the 51st state as a solution? WTF??
                    We have a meltdown in grain prices right here in western Canada. I cant do anything about American ag. They have way more support than we do.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.