• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Layoffs coming at Bourgault

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layoffs coming at Bourgault

Bourgault Industries basically came out and said machinery cost are getting too high, so we need to lay off 50 employees. They also noted yields were down, and commodity prices are terrible.
    They must have got the memo from the dealerships, we won’t be ordering and early Christmas gifts. Who will be next?

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
    Bourgault Industries basically came out and said machinery cost are getting too high, so we need to lay off 50 employees. They also noted yields were down, and commodity prices are terrible.
    They must have got the memo from the dealerships, we won’t be ordering and early Christmas gifts. Who will be next?

Where's that 120 ft drill I've been waiting for?

Comment

Who's next .....

1. Morris Industries although they got some provincial funding...
      2. CleanSeed technologies but they have some time to burn government money yet...
      3. Processors
      4. Dealerships.... starting to see cracks ...
      5. Farmers ..just lok at the catalog that will be coming....If you a recently graduated auctioneer , you chose a good 5 year career coming...

You cant consolidate agriculture and think building 84 foot drills every year is sustainable....or 120 foot for that matter...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Who's next .....
        I bet AGT Foods....

basically built up infrastructure here and overseas to dominate the lentil/pulse trade, now its stalled. They are trying to get movement in other commodities but nobody I know is selling to them. They have sent some desperate texts out in the past few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          I bet AGT Foods....

basically built up infrastructure here and overseas to dominate the lentil/pulse trade, now its stalled. They are trying to get movement in other commodities but nobody I know is selling to them. They have sent some desperate texts out in the past few weeks.
          You know they just pocketed 100 plus million from the federal government by inflating the costs of repairs to the rail line they just bought...

New guidance coming from them on November 12....they will be fine with more guys getting into provincial politics to cover up and re-finance them....

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            I bet AGT Foods....

They built it up by issuing more shares to the market. Not once was it their money.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
              They built it up by issuing more shares to the market. Not once was it their money.
              Don't forget they want to go private now....extract some government money...I can connect the dots to the GTH scam on this deal....

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                The last financial report on these guys stated they had like a 600M in assets (a year ago) and 500 million in debt. Bet those two numbers are a lot closer by now.
                https://www.producer.com/2018/06/agt-rebuffs-bankruptcy-rumours/
                AGT rebuffs bankruptcy rumours

Maybe they can get that pasta plant built soon.
                Last edited by jazz; Nov 7, 2018, 11:05.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                  Local agt lentil plant run by a moron so no one hauls there !
                  Sounds just like their main terminal here in regina. Only place I ever found competent in the lentil trade is Simpson Seeds.

Comment

Parked 120' foot drills are good for livestock fencing. Hello 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      Parked 120' foot drills are good for livestock fencing. Hello 1985.
                      But but but....fields and farms are bigger ....it only makes sense to have 120 foot drills.....

Comment

Prices to high?
                        Maybe if there wasn't a 100% market up of costs they would sell more..
                        Air tanks showed up at dealer 6 months early so that was a indication..
                        It is time others shared our shitty prices..

Comment

Give them something to do, send anything over 50' back to rebuild DOWN to 50' WAY simpler, more efficient, don't need $100,000 sectional complication. Oh and 500 bu carts are LOTS, bigger is better insanity will grind to a halt or they will all go broke.

Comment

I have always said that any manufacture who would replicate the old versatile model would dominate this industry. Just simple, straight up, low maint, no frills equip that does its job and lasts.

Its the same reason why pickup trucks are $75k. Too much extra junk going in. Always thinking of bells and whistles to stick in.

Comment

Right but half tons are discounted 25 percent to move them...A new bourgault would have to be priced below used lot prices.....they are overpriced and thats the problem....

Basically what bourgault has said is they were extracting as much as possible given the price for grain....

Thats almost the same as what Weston did with bread prices...actually it is the same...
                              Last edited by bucket; Nov 7, 2018, 11:57.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.