• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who wants their checkoff money back?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who wants their checkoff money back?

With the absolute ignorance and arrogance of the farm groups lately between the pulse market and the gifts given to the railways and processors with little to no acknowledgement of the contributions made by primary producers who would like their check off money back?

just a little survey..

I am a producer who would like my saskpulse checkoff back....

both saskpulse and pulse canada have the same people patting themselves on the back for sitting on their thumbs.....markets are the shits and they are receiving more more money to do SFA...meanwhile a processor get 100 million to repair a railway they bought...a buck a bushel subsidy for 10 years ...primary producer gets nothing...

The protein supercluster**** and the primary producer gets nothing...a billion and counting...

The railways are gifted the grain cars and the primary producer doesn't get reduced rates , on the contrary, rates are indexed up....

No one is representing us ...why fund them....

I agree on getting our checkoff money back. I can't figure out how the Pulse checkoff is mandatory and no way to get back.

I guess not growing peas is the answer.

These groups are just yes men and do nothing for farmers.

Useless groups.

Comment

I do and if it isn't law it should be that we be asked first before someone steals our money.
      I don't see politicians having a deduction on their checks for research into how they can make more money in the future, They just give themselves raises, but for us this research ends up costing us amd providing society cheaper food. Society needs to pay for it.

Comment

Post the links to the different orgs and deadlines.

Comment

Sask flax is August 31 with the refund by October 31....they have to verify that they took the ****ing money...they ****ing well know they took it...it doesn't take two months to get it off my grain cheque...

Comment

Saskpulse is mandatory and non refundable....you aint getting that money back....**** sakes I could have bought two sets of tires for my half tons with that money and got more value...

Comment

Saskwheat is also August 31...with a december deadline for refund...

Comment

sask canola is August 31 as well with all your I's dotted and T's crossed.....****ing no one asks for money they just expect it and take it...

It should have a maximum levy....I don't think a guy growing a single variety on 2000 acres gets 10 times more benefit than a guy growing 200 acres....

Comment

Quit growing peas here. We don't pay any checkoff now

Everyone should know that the WGRF received just under 2 million in royalty payments in 2017 as their share of return on investment in new variety development. About 6.2% of all revenues

You can claim a tax credit for a portion of the checkoff

The top varieties of peas grown in SK do not have plant breeders rights

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Saskwheat is also August 31...with a december deadline for refund...
                    If you sold Aug 1st 2018 applied for refund Aug 31st 2019 got refund Dec 31st 2019 that would be 18 months just like waiting for final CWB payment only with no interm payments.

Comment

I would like mine back. I didn't grow and pulses last year. This year the pulses I grew won't cover the bills that it took to grow them.
                      Last edited by TASFarms; Nov 6, 2018, 09:52.

Comment

I do not want my levy back. On any commodity I grow. Its an investment in the industry that does bring some value despite all the negative comments on here.
                        The pulse levy was established in 1985 by a producer vote. It was mandatory for two reasons: so the association would have secure funds to invest in things important to producers (agronomy and plant breeding back then) and secondly so that everyone who grows pulses, and benefits, pays. A review a few years ago found that a majority of producers still want it that way.
                        Probably nothing can be said here that will change the thinking of those that are against the current levy/commodity system.
                        What variety of peas did you grow? Except for Carver and Lacombe, pretty much all the rest were paid for by those of us paying the levy.
                        Would the dockage issue in China have got sorted out without the canola council input? Or the blackleg issue before that?

Take your money out. And with no shortage of market access issues in every commodity, where does the money come from to brief govt departments and trade representatives on the details of possible solutions?

It’s short sighted imo.

Comment

the leeches living off the primary producers will gladly tell them the money has quit flowing....

AGT just extracted 100 million out the government on a used rail line with zero performance standards...

Not to mention AGT's constant government drip of money as businessman of the world....or having partners that are questionable...thats a government handout.

Or the gift of railcars without lower freight rates....the ****ing railways could just rail those cars to a scrap yard and make money ...thats a government handout.

What is short sighted is the years of saskpulse and the same people on pulse canada not looking for markets to infill in the event India closes the border...

But make the saskpulse checkoff refundable ...then you will see if primary producers are happy with Saskpulse direction...and the 1.7 million annually to pulse canada to thumb sit....

This industry will never be successful if primary producers are not making money...

What about centennial peas that were a complete dud....

Just once someone answer the question about the triffid event in flax when it was ultimately the breeders that ****ed it all up...who paid?

With mandatory checkoffs , whether they can be refunded or not,, comes responsibility ....or maybe that is too far sighted for your comprehension????
                          Last edited by bucket; Nov 6, 2018, 18:07.

Comment

.. and where are the online forms to fill out? apparently you have to call them for the forms. trying to make it as difficult as possible. Complete nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                              .. and where are the online forms to fill out? apparently you have to call them for the forms. trying to make it as difficult as possible. Complete nonsense.
                              No one filled out my forms to take the ****ing money off my grain cheque ...it was automatic...the election to send money to any checkoff should be made at the point of cheque writing...yes or no to deductions....

Here is why....I don't think if you grow 200 acres or 2000 acres that your contribution gets 10 times the value....

So as much as I despise checkoffs how about a limit?

There is a compromise... too far sighted again????
                              Last edited by bucket; Nov 6, 2018, 18:21.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.