• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what did the government do......

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furthermore those trees not there those 16 people likely wouldbehere today you don't think that's worth any price?

Comment

All the bus driver had to do was spot that semi coming full on and slam his brakes and its a miss and every one is alive. No chance to do that with the yard and trees.

All day on the radio talking about more training for truck drivers. A four year old knows what a stop sign is what will more training do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
        All the bus driver had to do was spot that semi coming full on and slam his brakes and its a miss and every one is alive. No chance to do that with the yard and trees.

All day on the radio talking about more training for truck drivers. A four year old knows what a stop sign is what will more training do!!!
        Correct..

I know the trees are not the real cause..
        But if I lived their some would be removed.
        Last edited by Partners; Jul 12, 2018, 22:43.

Comment

So you’re gonna blame trees and the yard. Make a man move his home. Maybe just move the road further from the trees.

Comment

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that govt can't and I don't want them, saving us from ourselves. We had 911 then a bombing in Boston plus umpteen other events even in Ottawa. More shit got passed on 911 and things still happen. Govt is ineffective. They can't save everyone. Now put responsibility back on the individual and maybe... Just maybe. But I can see the call for self driving vehicles and the trucking company suing the province for the trees. Initially I blamed the trees after going through the intersection.... not blowing stop sign just recognizing it's bad. Idk ... but if you think govt can fix every issue you're in for a lifetime of disappointment. They are never proactive but will always "get that guy that hurt you". To react now is a total insult to the lives lost before at the corner....They weren't worth it but hockey players are? It's definitely a tragedy I'm not arguing that. Hopefully everyone pays more attention driving. What if they lower the speed limit to 40km/hr ? There's no iq test for officials
            Last edited by macdon02; Jul 13, 2018, 00:37.

Comment

Sight lines should be cleaned up .
              Min.50 feet before the ditch.

In western Alberta.there are a lot of 4 way stops where highways meet in the middle of nowhere.
              There will always be at some time a sleeping,tired or distracted
              Driver. That will blow the sign completely.
              All the signs or rumble strips will not stop it.
              With the 4 way the bus or anyone
              Has the Chance to determine if that might happen.

Until anti collision is built into every vehicle.
              You cannot prevent it.
              Jailing the truck driver for life will not stop it from happening again.

Comment

Your right sawfly but massive fines for trucking companies alowing unprepared drivers on public hiways , and massive fines for “professional “driver schools not training drivers properly is a must and most likely would prevent a lot

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  no it's all bullshit. furrow has it right . drivers need to wake up . how many accidents has there been at wakaw ? melfort ? anything been done there ? it's got nothing to do with yard ? put the phone away , that'll help?
                  Sorry Case I cant agree. It does have something to do with the yard. I agree with Furrow and you in that you cant fix stupid when it comes to drivers sometimes but if you were sitting in the driver's seat of that bus would you not wish you could have seen past those trees. In my part of the world I think of the intersection at Highway 16 and Dalmeny road. There have been numerous deaths and injuries there and no trees but without exception every time I approach that intersection I have my senses at full alert because of stupid drivers but at least I have a chance to stop in time because of no visibility issues.

Comment

Love the sleeping policeman idea like in Mexico. Way better to wreck a vehicle bouncing in to the ditch than what happened there. May have been one fatality, but at least would have been totally by his own hand.
                    Two fatalities south of Cochin Wednesday night. Sounds like t-boned in the middle of the hwy pulling a u-turn.
                    Think there is a saying something like “when you are dead, u don’t know it, same as when you’re stupid”
                    Getting really sad when there is no more responsibility for ones own actions.
                    Guess when we have a leader saying that gropegate is a lesson for everyone to learn from, instead of taking responsibility for his own action, it is the people who put that asshat there, he never just showed up with the keys in his pocket one day!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...