• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next 3 days .. saskshafe 👀

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Amen to that.
    Send it west , a huge area east and north east of here with very very dry conditions.
    Some areas less than 1/2 in last 3 weeks.
    Some pockets have been cooked for 10 days ..... done .
    Areas getting rains west and north west continue to get rain but also hail so it’s a bugger . Not much inbetween for decent conditions.

Comment

That strip between Lloydminster and The Battlefords getting rain again today .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Hopefully we get even half of that .
        Will be interesting Grass , thx for heads up .
        Be careful what you wish for !!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Odd question for seldomseen....

Is any of your soil a light texture black loan?
          High water table?
          Our soil is about 3-4 inches of dark heavy top soil with an impenetrable gray clay under that that goes down I an not sure how far. Once the water fills up the top soil it just sits there.

I have heard it called Tisdale clay or grey wooded soils.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            Be careful what you wish for !!
            I hear you but in my 30 years of farming never once have we been too wet.
            Just simply looking for a rain in a very dry zone .
            It can rain 3 in west side of river and we rarely if ever would get half of that.

Comment

Either way it will be an interesting next 3 days in some areas ...

Comment

Think we could survive with a three inch rain now.
                Couple years ago felt like saskfarmer and sick of the mud. Don’t think I have a right to complain about lack of rain compared to some, but we probably lost close to half our yield in the well drained land in two days the end of June.
                Worst thing about rain the last couple years is it seems that there hasn’t been a general rain, and the path the clouds follow seem to repeat.
                Definitely something to how lakes and rivers attract or repel the flow of clouds.

Comment

Originally posted by saskshafe View Post
                  Think we could survive with a three inch rain now.
                  Couple years ago felt like saskfarmer and sick of the mud. Don’t think I have a right to complain about lack of rain compared to some, but we probably lost close to half our yield in the well drained land in two days the end of June.
                  Worst thing about rain the last couple years is it seems that there hasn’t been a general rain, and the path the clouds follow seem to repeat.
                  Definitely something to how lakes and rivers attract or repel the flow of clouds.
                  Yup , that is for sure. Those two days at the end of June were not good .

Comment

Looks like the decimal place may have been one to the right of where it should have been according to the latest forecast 🤣🤣

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.