• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are doing it ALL wrong

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh? What meetings? What have you done Wilton? Dont be shy!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Like being back on the playground. I know you are what am i? And my dad could beat up your dad.

Have you ever just honestly answered a question on here?
      We are still waiting for you to tell us which credible scientific organization is saying human caused climate change is not real!

Comment

It's like trying to have an academic discussion with a spoiled 2-year-old.

Comment

Don't be so hard on your self A5. Just tell us the name of the organization!

Comment

Only the simple minded still believe the so called experts after their 40 plus years of lies and failled predictions

Comment

Chuck, you are deflecting again. This is your chance to earn some credibility so that your fellow posters believe you are also a farmer. At this point it looks like you and the experts from the nfu just want to tear down the existing structure, but have no plan whatsoever to rebuild something functional in its place. As I said, I am genuinely interested in pursuing more sustainable lower cost solutions. However, the historical track record of government mandated wholesale changes to successful agricultural methods is abysmal. And that's a generous evaluation of the history. I'd rather hear the trials and tribulations of fellow farmers. People who have their own Capital invested in the solution.

Comment

Gabe Brown didn't change because of government mandates. There are lots of examples of successful farmers changing their farming system on their own and making progress on reducing the environmental impact and carbon emissions.

Comment

And how does your climate compare to North dakota?
                  Gabe Brown incorporates a large variety of livestock. What is the nfu's position on livestock farming as it relates to emissions?
                  And more importantly, we can't all go on the speakers circuit and make our living teaching others like Gabe does. There's even a saying, those who can, do, those who can't, teach.
                  I'm suspecting that saying applies to the resident troll on agriville.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    Gabe Brown didn't change because of government mandates. There are lots of examples of successful farmers changing their farming system on their own and making progress on reducing the environmental impact and carbon emissions.
                    He was able to make these changes because he has livestock, which is the key to his whole system. Works for him and many others….. for now .
                    Governments around the world want to end livestock production all in the name of climate hysteria people like you promote .
                    double edged sword your balanced on there .

Comment

So you don't think Gabe is legitimate? Or any other farmer who uses similar approaches? They are all wrong!

Comment

I'm saying that Gabe is the closest example you can find. In a different country in a different climate with a different economy and different farm supports for things like cover crops.
                        And as furrowtickler stated above, his system is entirely reliant on livestock. Meanwhile the climate alarmists are demonizing livestock.

I've spoken with gabe. I really like what he is doing. But some of his more outlandish claims are literally impossible on the time scales claimed. That doesn't mean it's not working and doesn't have benefits.

Comment

The end goal with the climate crazys is to take huge amounts of land out of production alltogether , its not about how the farming is done ,and herd the people into citys

Comment

What about Kristjan Hebert? Is he wrong too?

Large scale and has climate change and reducing greenhouse gases on his radar.

[url]https://hebertgrainventures.com/[/url]

"We’re a proud partner in the Canadian Alliance for Net Zero Agri-food (CANZA). Hebert Grain Ventures is actively participating in climate-smart farming research. Learn more about the HGV Case Study:"

Comment

what are you doing on your farm cc ?

Comment

What about Curtis and Tracy Hiebert at Sperling Manitoba? Are they wrong too?

Countdown to green anhydrous ammonia

On-farm, low-emissions anhydrous ammonia production touted as fertilizer disruptor

Green ammonia production is about to be put through its paces on one southern Manitoba farm.

Green energy company FuelPositive, based in Waterloo, Ont., says its inaugural farm-scale demonstration system will be deployed in January near Sperling. The system is set to be installed on R&L Acres, operated by Tracy and Curtis Hiebert.

Hiebert’s 200-kilowatt solar array is expected to reduce energy costs. Hiebert noted that more solar capacity could be added if needed. Manitoba’s easy access to hydroelectric power also puts the province at potential advantage.

[url]https://www.manitobacooperator.ca/news-opinion/news/countdown-to-green-anhydrous-ammonia/[/url]

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...