• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Open Letter from Economists on Canadian Carbon Pricing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least I am smart enough to know the difference between fact and fiction and who is a credible source of information! Unlike you, a pretend libertarian who comes up with really boneheaded ideas that are not supported by science!

Comment

Who is a more knowledgeable and reliable source of economic analysis?

Hmmmmm let me think for a second....​

Blake Shafer or AB5 an anonymous libertarian Alberta farmer?

Take a look at Shafers CV then decide! And the winner is ......

University of Calgary - Assistant Professor, Economics and Public Policy, 2020–

Education
      Ph.D. Economics, University of Calgary, 2014–2018
      Dissertation: Three Essays on Electricity Demand
      *Selected as the University of Calgary’s nominee in the category of Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences for the Canadian Association of Graduate Studies Distinguished Dissertation Award Committee: Dr. Trevor Tombe (Supervisor), Dr. Lucija Muehlenbachs, Dr. Ken McKenzie Examiners: Dr. Max Auffhammer (External), Dr. Pamela Campa (Internal)

M.Phil. Economics, University of Cambridge, 2002–2003
      Masters Thesis: Road congestion charging: A preliminary analysis of the London scheme
      Supervisor: Dr. Georgina Santos, Examiner: Dr. David Newbery
      Graduated with merit; achieved Ph.D. continuation level
      Blake Shaffer 2

B.Sc. (Hons) Environmental Sciences, Queen’s University, 1995–2000
      Honours Thesis: Mine Reclamation in the Canadian Arctic: An Analysis of Policy Alternatives
      Graduated with 1st class distinction
      Exchange year, University of Melbourne, 1997
      Received letter of distinction in Philosophy​

Comment

you CC know if everything is true and credible or not !?!?! you are a day late with that joke , sombody that claims they know everything is delusional

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
          you CC know if everything is true and credible or not !?!?! you are a day late with that joke , sombody that claims they know everything is delusional
          He didn't get the joke at all.

Comment

Better than knowing nothing like you crop! All birds are pests right!

And I will rely on Blake Shafer when it comes to the economics of electricity production.
            Last edited by chuckChuck; Apr 2, 2024, 08:35.

Comment

luney liberals are a worse pest than the birds actualy

Comment

Crop Is that the Irish spelling of loony?

Or more proof you missed an education perhaps?

Comment

We can either be on X where our followers all agree with us or here.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

i missed indoctrination CC yes and im very very thankfull for that

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      We can either be on X where our followers all agree with us or here.
                      ​​​​​​
                      But what fun would that be? Retreating into our silos, never to be challenged by dissenting opinions.

Comment

So we are in a way giving him some credit. Me, I'm not up to it. Too many relationships in the past with similar behavior. Actually that's not fair to the women at all but it speaks to my conflict tolerance level. Never met a lady this awful.
                        I will however, call BS when able.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          So we are in a way giving him some credit. Me, I'm not up to it. Too many relationships in the past with similar behavior. Actually that's not fair to the women at all but it speaks to my conflict tolerance level. Never met a lady this awful.
                          I will however, call BS when able.
                          I give Chuck a lot of credit. Sometimes I think I understand something, then he comes along and makes some absurd claim such as the one about lightning causing most forest fires, or water vapor increasing, or precipitation decreasing, or CO2 being the most important greenhouse gas, or pipelines being causing the most farmland loss etc. It forces me to question what I thought I knew, and do some research.

So far he always ends up being wrong. But at least I learn a lot along the way, and have a few laughs at his expense.
                          Maybe some other posters and lurkers might learn something as well.

Comment

What part of this don't you understand A5?

All forest fires are caused by arsonists? Marxists arsonists too!

"Based on data in the National Forestry Database ([url]http://nfdp.ccfm.org/en/index.php[/url]), over 8000 fires occur each year, and burn an average of over 2.1 million hectares. Also, lightning causes about 50% of all fires but accounts for about 85% of the annual area burned."

​[url]https://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/ha/nfdb[/url]

Comment

i missed indoctrination CC yes and im very very thankfull for that
                              Spelling is indoctrination? And math too? LOL

Comment

"but accounts for about 85% of the annual area burned."

therefore the 15% is arson, and man is off the hook. Thanks CC

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...