• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta government announces new rules aimed at lowering utility bills

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never said it was cheaper. I really didn't know. Some convos were $/kwh alone. Seems to bother you more than anyone else.

Comment

I am not bothered. But most of you are in denial about the Alberta utilities withholding supply to raise electricity prices. Even Danny figured it out it. And it isn't a good look nor fair to consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        3 phase is 500 yards away and was $40k to bring in 6 years ago.
        How does SK do it then?
        Taxpayers cover it
        A neighbor down the road set up a nice fab shop with 3 phase to run cnc lathes and big welders about 10+ yrs ago.
        I think that was the number that it cost him to come from the distribution line that goes by the front of his yard.

Comment

Farmers pay for bringing 3 phase to their yard. Not sure on the costs but it is expensive unless you are close to a 3 phase line already.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            I am not bothered. But most of you are in denial about the Alberta utilities withholding supply to raise electricity prices. Even Danny figured it out it. And it isn't a good look nor fair to consumers.
            Chuck2 did you even read post number nineteen on this thread? I covered many topics in relation to electricity in Alberta. Unfortunately you have proven again that you either don’t read posts or don’t understand what is written. Or you really only want to insult everyone and not have a real discussion..
            Last edited by Hamloc; Mar 19, 2024, 14:17.

Comment

"Personally I never supported privatization of Alberta Power as I felt it would result in more expensive electricity, which has certainly been the result." Your words not mine Hamloc.

Coal to gas has cost some money for sure but it lowers carbon emissions by half.

But you keep failing to acknowledge that the Alberta utilities have been purposely driving up the cost of electricity.

And you fail acknowledge that renewables are the lowest cost new source electricity that increase supply and help keep prices lower. And they don't need to supply electricity all the time to do that.

Comment

"Personally I never supported privatization of Alberta Power as I felt it would result in more expensive electricity, which has certainly been the result." Your words not mine Hamloc.

Coal to gas has cost some money for sure but it lowers carbon emissions by half.

But you keep failing to acknowledge that the Alberta utilities have been purposely driving up the cost of electricity.

And you fail acknowledge that renewables are the lowest cost new source electricity that increase supply and help keep prices lower. And they don't need to supply electricity all the time to do that.
                I won’t acknowledge that renewables are the cheapest source of new generation because they are not. For 8 hours a day yeah they might be but as a 24 hour a day 365 day a year power source they are not because they are intermittent. Your living in a fantasy world of computer generated models that are not based in reality!!!!

Comment

I see you are back with unsubstantiated claims which you are unable to back up with evidence.
                  Or did you finally find somewhere in the world with cheaper electricity bills thanks to increasing wind and solar, and you are just itching to share it with the forum, and just needed a prompt?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

I see you are back with unsubstantiated claims which you are unable to back up with evidence.
                    Or did you finally find somewhere in the world with cheaper electricity bills thanks to increasing wind and solar, and you are just itching to share it with the forum, and just needed a prompt?
                    Come on. I dare you. Say oh where is that? And Voldemort manifests out of the mist to suck the oxygen out of the room.

Comment

And you fail acknowledge that renewables are the lowest cost new source electricity that increase supply and help keep prices lower.
                      Every morning, the same unsubstantiated proclamation.
                      Everywhere renewables are widely adopted costs rise.
                      For a variety of reasons that have been explained repeatedly.
                      But if you say it louder and often it must be true.
                      Last edited by shtferbrains; Mar 20, 2024, 21:23.

Comment

Do you need me to post Lazards Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE) that clearly shows wind and solar among the lowest cost sources of new generation? And it doesn't matter if they are intermittent when measuring the LCOE.

If you want to add increased generation capacity to lower prices and emissions, utility scale wind and solar PV work well. Otherwise the deregulated free market supply of renewables wouldn't have boomed in Alberta. Alberta has some of the best wind and solar resources in Canada.

Look it up for yourself.

file:///C:/Users/House/Dropbox/My%20PC%20(DESKTOP-VQF995V)/Downloads/lazards-lcoeplus-april-2023-6.pdf

Comment

Lazards is not a credible scientific organization.
                          Actually they are an investment bank.
                          They sell investments in renewables and healthcare mostly.
                          Their levelized cost was never expected to be a general reference.
                          It is based on enthusiastic pumpenomics for products they sell.
                          No attempt has been made to check accuracy as demonstrated by recent canceling of offshore wind projects that were off the charts on cost.

Must say I am a bit surprised to see you pumping for a large investment bank.
                          They might be a big corp that restricts supply to increase prices?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            Lazards is not a credible scientific organization.
                            Actually they are an investment bank.
                            They sell investments in renewables and healthcare mostly.
                            Their levelized cost was never expected to be a general reference.
                            It is based on enthusiastic pumpenomics for products they sell.
                            No attempt has been made to check accuracy as demonstrated by recent canceling of offshore wind projects that were off the charts on cost.

Must say I am a bit surprised to see you pumping for a large investment bank.
                            They might be a big corp that restricts supply to increase prices?
                            Actually, many attempts have been made to check the accuracy of their sales pitch/ fabrications. But the people doing the checking are actual economists and engineers who have not been part of the cabal that chuck includes in his credible scientific organizations, therefore they don't count.

​​
                            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 21, 2024, 15:10.

Comment

If Lazard is wrong show us the evidence from any other LCOE analysis.

Prove Lazard wrong

I bet all we are going to get is more flimsy excuses.

As usual the usual suspects don't agree with any independent analysis that doesn't support their opinions.

Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 22, 2024, 07:41.

Comment

If Lazard is wrong show us the evidence from any other LCOE analysis.

Prove Lazard wrong

I bet all we are going to get is more flimsy excuses.

As usual the usual suspects don't agree with any independent analysis that doesn't support their opinions.

This can be settled even easier.
                                If Lazard is right, you will be able to provide even a single example of wind and or solar resulting in cheaper electricity to the consumer.
                                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 22, 2024, 08:06.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...