• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They said it was climate change

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

I keep seeing headlines about the hottest year ever.
    I also keep seeing headlines about the world harvesting the biggest crop ever in history.
    And prices seem to reflect that reality.
    yet for all these years, the warmunists have been warning that global warming was going to decimate crop yields and lead to starvation.
    How do you square that circle?
    “Warmunists”, certainly made my Sunday AB5.

Comment

Hamloc you must be easily entertained! Look Warmunists up in the dictionary just for fun.

Yes climate change is just a commie plot, probably caused by China so they can take over the world!

Even Crypto Poilievere and Steve Harper say human caused climate change is real. They must be “Warmunists" too! LOL
      Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 3, 2024, 10:04.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Hamloc you must be easily entertained!

Yes climate change is just a commie plot, probably caused by China so they can take over the world!

Even Crypto Poilievere and Steve Harper say human caused climate change is real. They must be “Warmunists" too! LOL
        Hmmm, you didn’t respond to my post previous to my compliment of AB5’s wonderful word creation. Very telling. I said climate change policies are really about increasing the size and reach of government!!
        Last edited by Hamloc; Mar 3, 2024, 10:04.

Comment

So are Crypto and Harper Warmunists?

Comment

Hamloc you must be easily entertained! Look Warmunists up in the dictionary just for fun.
            So I took your challenge, and looked it up. All it said was noun, see chuckChuck.
            So I flipped back to the entry for chuckChuck and all it said was proper noun, see warmunist.
            I suspect it has something to do with watermelons. Green on the outside, red on the inside.

Comment

"There is evidence"....it's all computer models predicting future with data, algorithms that were installed for a desired outcome. You got ZERO evidence.

Comment

"warmunists"

Climate change is impacting yields but weather is still variable. So yes there will be good years and bad years.

Ask you buddies in south, some who have had several years of drought and a severe water shortage whether they think a warmer dryer climate will solve their problems?
                Aren't you the same poster who keeps lecturing about not cherry picking small anecdotal examples? About needing large data sets over long periods of time?
                And now, you single out one small region of almost desert in Southern Alberta as representative of climate change, meanwhile the rest of the world on average raised the biggest crop ever.
                As I've said before, if not for hypocrisy, you wouldn't have any standards.

At some point you might want to reconsider the models, and check out the real world evidence that more CO2 and warmer temperatures might actually be beneficial for any organism that performs photosynthesis.
                It's that science concept you keep talking about.
                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 3, 2024, 16:32.

Comment

I am not cherry picking. Climate is measured over 30 years. And its getting dryer and warmer.

Did you ask your buddies in south, some who have had several years of drought and a severe water shortage whether they think a warmer dryer climate will solve their problems?

Comment

I am not cherry picking. Climate is measured over 30 years. And its getting dryer and warmer.

Did you ask your buddies in south, some who have had several years of drought and a severe water shortage whether they think a warmer dryer climate will solve their problems?
                    You are just making up data now. According to the IPCC:
                    Global annual land mean precipitation showed an... upward trend over the 20th century of approximately 1.1 mm per decade
                    According to the EPA:
                    Since 1901, global precipitation has increased at an average rate of 0.04 inches per decade, while precipitation in the contiguous 48 states has increased at a rate of 0.20 inches per decade.

Yet you drone on and on about providing credible sources.

Then you say you are not cherry picking, then proceeded to cherry pick an area representing 0.013% of earths surface ( Southern Alberta from Calgary to the borders).
                    And "several years" when you correctly state that climate is measured over 30 years.

Again I ask, are there no adults supervising you who could intervene before you make a fool of yourself every time you post?​

Comment

great entertainment , but scary how brainwashed some people become

Comment

If you search;

[url]https://www.grainews.ca/columns/where-the-wheat-was/#:~:text=COLUMNS-,Where%20the%20wheat%20was,-Let%27s%20track%2085[/url]

Les Henry has a recent column about long term crop yields.

There is a tab in there that says "This is the link" that takes you to a database that gives individual RM yields for Sask.

Interesting to see how yields rose in in increments.

Chuck has offered to debate Les on the effects of the climate emergency on crop yields.

He says Les is not qualified as he is not a climate scientist.
                        Last edited by shtferbrains; Mar 4, 2024, 09:52.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                          If you search;

[url]https://www.grainews.ca/columns/where-the-wheat-was/#:~:text=COLUMNS-,Where%20the%20wheat%20was,-Let%27s%20track%2085[/url]

Les Henry has a recent column about long term crop yields.

There is a tab in there that says "This is the link" that takes you to a database that gives individual RM yields for Sask.

Interesting to see how yields rose in in increments.

Chuck has offered to debate Les on the effects of the climate emergency on crop yields.

He says Les is not qualified as he is not a climate scientist.
                          Increase in wheat yields look just like the increase in CO2. In spite of catastrophic global warming occurring at the same time.
                          Probably just a coincidence.

Comment

Interesting data.
                            Not only are the yields much higher, the lows are higher. Lows are higher than the highs prior to the emergence of significant man made CO2?

Comment

So increased yields have nothing to do with increasing fertilizer applications and improved agronomy and varieties? its all due to CO2 levels?

Better tell your southern Alberta neighbors that a warmer and dryer climate with more weather extremes will be completely offset by increasing yields because of higher CO2 levels!

I can't wait to hear what they say!

Comment

Sorry if for not presenting that very well Chuck.
                                For sure it"s all about impressive gains provided by what was originally called the green revolution.
                                You can see on the yield charts where production stepped up as new improved practices like reduced tillage and higher fertility were adopted.
                                All about making better use of the land and climate we have to work with.
                                But I see no sign of a climate emergency in that data.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...