• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conspiracy theories are popular in Canada, especially among conservatives, poll says

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are these mysterious entities that pay the media off? Just another unfounded conspiracy theory.

Comment

Media dont do the paying ! they (for example CBC ) get millions to spread government propaganda , and whitewash the scandals

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        Who are these mysterious entities that pay the media off? Just another unfounded conspiracy theory.
        1. Here’s the first one that pops into my head https://nationalpost.com/opinion/and...fd8f612bf/amp/
        Last edited by Guest; Dec 5, 2023, 12:06.

Comment

Conspiracy theories are not exclusive to the right wing. Our ndp in Saskatchewan were successful in perpetuating the boogeyman myth of the Sask party wanting to privatize crowns enough to stay in power than was necessary. I follow social media accounts both right and left wing as I think you need to have a balance and from what I can see both extremes perpetuate their share of bullshit. Aside from conspiracy theories I also see a lot of purely fake and or dangerous videos in the DIY channels like 5 minute crafts or any other rube who makes pointless and dangerous things from angle grinders. I sit back and wonder what is the whole point of it? Even most of the “factual” shows on history or discovery channel is about pure bullshit. We’ve dummied ourselves down for want of self ingratiating entertainment.

Comment

if it was not for kids in our house i would cut off the TV , mostly rubbish and endless adds , same ones over and over again

Comment

Other than the news from Edmonton I watch nothing on television. Try to watch more credible informational programming online like bbc, Al Jazeera etc. Even YouTube has some decent stuff. I try to find both sides. Even with history and diy stuff there’s lots of arguments as well as opinions. Wading through it all can make your head spin but I think it’s more rewarding when you form an opinion because it’s maybe better informed.

Comment

So ag star, why don’t you ask Jerry Dias for his “unbiased “opinion on vaxes, hard to believe anyone who promoted it didn’t have their palms greased

Comment

"Thirty-two per cent of Canadians and 51 per cent of Americans surveyed believe COVID-19 was created as a biological weapon in a lab."

Huh? So humans have not been the victims from animal disease that made the jump to humans over our history with the many many examples?

And for some reason now, the most likely cause is a lab leak in a country that regularly eats all manner of live market animals?

At one time most humans considered the cause of disease as gods punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    "Thirty-two per cent of Canadians and 51 per cent of Americans surveyed believe COVID-19 was created as a biological weapon in a lab."

Huh? So humans have not been the victims from animal disease that made the jump to humans over our history with the many many examples?

And for some reason now, the most likely cause is a lab leak in a country that regularly eats all manner of live market animals?

At one time most humans considered the cause of disease as gods punishment.
                    How can you prove it wasn’t a lab leak? That is the big question there. The Chinese repeatedly lie, steal, and cover up anything which may tarnish their image or magnify their incompetence. Ask Australia about what China does to you when you start asking too many questions. Most likely it was naturally occurring but China stokes suspicion upon itself.

Comment

Because all previous epidemics and pandemics in history of humans did not come from lab leaks. So the most likely source by a wide margin is animal transfer.

Comment

Chuck if a novel virus from an animal is able to infect a human it doesnt just go human to human.

Scientists Find Genetic Insert in SARS-CoV-2 That Matches Sequence Patented by Moderna 3 Years Before Pandemic

????????
                        Fresh suspicion that SARS-CoV-2 came from a lab emerged ([url]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10542309/Fresh-lab-leak-fears-study-finds-genetic-code-Covids-spike-protein-linked-Moderna-patent.html[/url]) this week after scientists announced they had found a genetic insert—CTCCTCGGCGGGCACGTAG—in the spike protein of the virus that only exists in Moderna patent 9,587,003 ([url]https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/01/6e/60/8951ab8f4118b5/US9587003.pdf)from[/url] three years before the pandemic.

The patented sequence is part of a gene called MSH3 that is known to affect how damaged cells repair themselves in the body.

In their study, published ([url]https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fviro.2022.834808/full[/url]) Monday (Feb. 21) in Frontiers in Virology, researchers compared ([url]https://arkmedic.substack.com/p/how-to-blast-your-way-to-the-truth[/url]) SARS-CoV-2's makeup—which is made up of 30,000 letters of genetic code—to millions of sequenced proteins in a massive online database.

That's when they discovered a genetic sequence owned by Moderna in SARS-CoV-2's unique furin cleavage site, the part that makes it so good at infecting humans and separates it from other coronaviruses.

Comment

US Dept of Energy and FBI 'conspiracy theorists' too Chuckles?

Comment

Because all previous epidemics and pandemics in history of humans did not come from lab leaks. So the most likely source by a wide margin is animal transfer.
                            Seriously? They had gain of function labs back before the 1950’s ??? Huh that’s interesting

Comment

Generally speaking yes but gain of function research was being done on corona viruses at the lab in Wuhan which was the epicentre of COVID-19. Maybe a coincidence but too coincidental to brush off.

I know you and I want to dispute and dispel a bunch of these wacky conspiracy theories and misinformation that abounds but taking a hard and fast approach does not help with credibility of your argument. Like I mentioned before you need to look at both sides to better scrutinize and defend your stance. Without that you sound like a parrot as much as the hayseeds spouting stupid conspiracies.
                              Last edited by WiltonRanch; Dec 7, 2023, 01:17. Reason: More information

Comment

Got him with facts !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...