• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prairie Clean Energy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the cost of a MWh generated.

Comment

what garbage the bird grinders are

Comment

and this junk worse

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          That's the cost of a MWh generated.
          Chuckroach lies again!

Comment

Wasting $BILLIONS$ on total crap should be jail time...idiot politicians just can't say IT'S ALL BULLSHIT!

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
              and this junk worse
              What did it go up to after 8am?

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

What did it go up to after 8am?
                Does it matter? If a net zero society powered by wind and solar had no electricity overnight, by 8 in the morning all of the intensive livestock will be dead, any medicine or food requiring temperature control will be ruined, anyone in hospitals on life support will be dead, all industrial processes that can not be started and stopped at random will be ruined. etc. etc.

Much the same as taking the pillow off the person you just suffocated, it is not very useful after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Does it matter? If a net zero society powered by wind and solar had no electricity overnight, by 8 in the morning all of the intensive livestock will be dead, any medicine or food requiring temperature control will be ruined, anyone in hospitals on life support will be dead, all industrial processes that can not be started and stopped at random will be ruined. etc. etc.

Much the same as taking the pillow off the person you just suffocated, it is not very useful after the fact.
                  Yes, it matters to me.

I’m not interested in solar or wind being exclusive suppliers of energy. That’s not a realistic goal. Of course there’s times they won’t produce much, any logical person will see that. Nor am I particularly interested in battery storage to support those times. Having seen battery banks used in solar and generator set ups, they are disgusting things and not something I would personally want to have as a back up when an alternate energy source would work better.

I view solar and wind as a diversification of the energy sector; which I support because nothing is healthy as a monopoly. They provide some boost to the economy and increased independence to interested individuals. The technology will only evolve through use, so used they need to be.

I can be of the opinion they aren’t effective sole suppliers. I can be of the opinion their location choices and criteria need to be better selected. I can even be of the opinion that they are a virtue signalling attempt to get to “Net Zero”. But I can also still see want to see them used.

So yes, it’s interesting to me to hear how they produce, not just the times they produce very little and get brought up as examples of failure.

Comment

Two days ago less than 10% output at noon

Comment

So we’re just going to keep cherry picking bad days/times of days?

Right now. Solar is off, of course. Wind is 40%. Gas is 59%. Hydro is 17%.

Wonder why hydro is low.

Comment

No , all winter long when demand is high , solar output is very low , and you asked what happened on the day after , that was the day after
                        Last edited by cropgrower; Nov 25, 2023, 22:52.

Comment

Even Manitoba Hydro is planning a lot of new wind generation as demand grows. It's cheaper and faster to build with much less environmental impact.

July 28th, 2023

"Manitoba says it needs to double or triple its electricity-generating capacity over the next two decades — and it won't build new hydroelectric dams to meet that goal.

The province plans to rely on wind farms and other forms of green power to boost generating capacity from 6,600 megawatts right now to somewhere between 10,000 and 16,000 megawatts by the 2040s, according to a new energy policy announced on Friday.

A growing demand for cleaner energy has increased demand for hydroelectric power and that demand is set to rise as more companies phase out natural gas and petroleum products, Manitoba Hydro board chair Edward Kennedy told reporters outside the Crown corporation's downtown Winnipeg headquarters.

This will force Hydro to increase its generating capacity and save more power. On the generation front, Hydro expects to rely primarily on wind power, likely by purchasing from private companies and then selling it to consumers and industrial customers.

Premier Heather Stefanson said this does not mean Manitoba Hydro is for sale."

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                            No , all winter long when demand is high , solar output is very low , and you asked what happened on the day after , that was the day after
                            I asked what happened after 8 am since the screenshot said until 8. It was also mentioning solar and wind, not just solar.

Fast forwarding to 10 am the next day and cherry picking a low Solar isn’t what I was looking for. But I went and found the website so that’s alright, I can periodically pop in and see for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              Even Manitoba Hydro is planning a lot of new wind generation as demand grows. It's cheaper and faster to build with much less environmental impact.

July 28th, 2023

"Manitoba says it needs to double or triple its electricity-generating capacity over the next two decades — and it won't build new hydroelectric dams to meet that goal.

The province plans to rely on wind farms and other forms of green power to boost generating capacity from 6,600 megawatts right now to somewhere between 10,000 and 16,000 megawatts by the 2040s, according to a new energy policy announced on Friday.

A growing demand for cleaner energy has increased demand for hydroelectric power and that demand is set to rise as more companies phase out natural gas and petroleum products, Manitoba Hydro board chair Edward Kennedy told reporters outside the Crown corporation's downtown Winnipeg headquarters.

This will force Hydro to increase its generating capacity and save more power. On the generation front, Hydro expects to rely primarily on wind power, likely by purchasing from private companies and then selling it to consumers and industrial customers.

Premier Heather Stefanson said this does not mean Manitoba Hydro is for sale."
                              I'll ask again. You keep telling us that Alberta and Sask can import cheap reliable hydro to back up their expensive unreliable solar and wind going forward.
                              Except, you seem proud to announce that Manitoba is also going to build wind instead of hydro to meet rising demand.
                              So then where will Ab and Sk get their back up energy from? Or will you enact a law that the wind can't stop blowing in all 3 prairie provinces at once?

Comment

It's cheaper and faster to build with much less environmental impact.

Hahahaha

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...