• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Opinion on the Third Way

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thinking back to when I worked at a feedlot feeding replacement heifers. The calves started to gain to fast so we took straw from a conventional combine an hired a tubgrinder to chop it up. We then mixed it with a small amount of silage (4 horizontal auger mixer). Well it didn't mix too well and the calves picked the silage from the ration. We were then left with straw at the bunks. I don't remember how many kg's we ended up with but it was a high straw ration over 50%. What I was thinking was putting down fine cut straw and then hay on top. Not sure if the cows would eat the top and leave the bottom. I guess this is why guys pay the big bucks for a vertical mixer.

Comment

Seen the new processor demo'ed; it was very slow, is set up extremely awkward and has an abortion of a drive. Processed the feed into mainly dust and fines! If you need feed chopped hire a custom tub grinder and get it cut the way you need it!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...