• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When it comes food price inflation in Canada, grocery stores aren’t the only issue

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newguy View Post
    Moe pst and minimum wages has more to do with inflation than the carbon tax.And really hard to believe a farmer that markets his grain does not know what to watch for on potential increase or decrease of grain commodities.Commodities can go up fast then go down but large oil and grocery stores take their time to drop them.Supply and demand is watched by big companies and they play with prices when they can.Gas prices on a long weekend .example.
    You and Chuck get your market info from the same source?

You could be rich with sure bets like that.

Comment

Why dont we just use a solution that chuck could support. Lets raise the carbon tax again and then most people will get back more than they pay in and then they can buy groceries with the rebate. Of course 10% of the population would starve but thats a small price to pay.

I mean this is all so simple.

Comment

SIMPLE for simple in the brain. Ponzi scheme if the TURD/ Libtards are right.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          Why dont we just use a solution that chuck could support. Lets raise the carbon tax again and then most people will get back more than they pay in and then they can buy groceries with the rebate. Of course 10% of the population would starve but thats a small price to pay.

I mean this is all so simple.
          Get out your calculator and you would be shocked how much Moe's PST is costing .Moe's fuel tax works on a % .So when a barrel of oil went up 500% .His tax went up 500%.But in the end every farmer knows Putin and Mother nature was by far the biggest cause of the spike in inflation.But if you blame Trudeau then you should give him credit for most farms doubling its net worth in the last 7 years.

Comment

net worth doubled because the dollar lost half lts value , and the only think trudope deserves credit for is destroying canada

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
              net worth doubled because the dollar lost half lts value , and the only think trudope deserves credit for is destroying canada
              Just wait till Moe sets up his own tax department.He will get a good chunk of capital gains back.

Comment

you sound delighted

Comment

you sound delighted
                  Listen.
                  My issue with grocery prices is that then the war started and commodities skyrocketed... groceries came up, albeit slowly, and was blamed on that. Now commodities come back down and there is no drop in price, but rather its blamed on inflation
                  ..etc..etc. so i dunno. Pick your lane and stick to it.
                  Supply management.. now thats a completely different story and argument.

I went to University in new york state and they have atleast 5 times more dairy product brands and types of dairy products than we have. The cost is ( to date) roughly 40% of what we pay here in canada and im willing to bet that they have no more cases/ capita of reactions to antibiotics or dairy product poisoning than we have. Now, im sure a stat will show they have MORE cases.. but i doubt its any more PER CAPITA. Now some of you are dairy farmers that read this and we work with a neighbour dairy farm ( they give us manure..we give them straw to bail) etc.. i will never say a bad word about their work ethic or their costs being more fixed than the avg farmer.. BUT ive watched them.dump out milk because its beyond quota.

Think about that for a sec.

Dumping out milk.

Milk. Which we eat and make so many products out of... gets dumped out. Because they did too good of a job with their cows producing it .

Dumping

Out

Milk

Its so effing beyond stupid that anyone with a pulse should be up in arms when we are now avging 3$/ L for milk in Canada as per latest stats.

Dumping

Out

Milk.

You know who can boil milk and make homemade cheese, butter and milk stuffs? I can. And i have. But not with that dumped out milk bcuz they could lose their effing quota. Anyone with even 1 100th of a 10nth of a brain would see how ludicrous our system is and that you could easily scrap the quota system but keep a complete ban on antibiotics and such being introduced into the animal. Its not rocket science.
                  You know what else isnt rocket science?

The fact that my local food bank just took all of my garden potatoes...cukes...zukes..carrots... etc. People are hurting.

And here we are.. dumping

Out

Milk.

What a joke.
                  What a complete and
                  Udder

Joke.

Comment

gg, just a 2 second econ lesson, inflation is always a monetery problem, nothing else.

I bet chuck is getting all warm and fuzzy for one of his marxist policies to be tried in Canada. Bread lines are so progressive.

Probably the cwb is coming back at this pace.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	775693
                    Last edited by jazz; Oct 6, 2023, 19:20.

Comment

Also, there is no viable response to anything i wrote about the quota system.
                      There just isnt. Its absurd. Its horse crap. Food is political and the quota system will never be scrapped because every one running for prime.minister is too scraed of losing the french vote
                      You know it

I know it

Chuck knows it

Pierre knows it

Notley singh blah blah everyone knows it. And its disgusting whats happening.
                      I would love to see a private wealthy citizen taking all that over quota milk and pastuerize it then sell it for peanuts on the dollar.

Comment

ireland had milk quotas from if i remember correct 1982 to 2015 , best thing ever when quotas finished , dairy farming just took off , and lots of new dairy farms started up

Comment

you sound delighted
                          No you seem delighted with Moe taxes or blind .Ever notice the Moe tax on your farm insurance.New truck or renos?? Moe snuck it all in and no one cared.So his next step will be a whole new grab.He is not creating his own tax department to eliminate some of his taxes.

Comment

Moe is the least of my worries , where i am we just have had far far worse voted in , expecting taxes to be going up any day soon to pay for all the stuff thats been promised and to keep the freeloaders happy

Comment

A good cigar was 5 cents for 150yrs prior to the Bolsheviks taking control of the money supply through the Federal Reserve in 1913.

Last edited by biglentil; Oct 7, 2023, 07:30.

Comment

Canada's control of the money supply was subverted by the same private foreign interests during Pierre Trudeau's tenure.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...