• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grifters be griftin!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newguy View Post
    Sask indusrtries big and small are supporting imigration.with out it expansion is restricted.From heavy duty mechanics to family doctors .You cannot get 500000 more oil wells without workers to drill them.
    I dont see many immigrants climbing power poles or working the rig deck in the winter time. I see a lot of excess uber drivers, cleaners and drive through window workers.

You cant build a society using the chicken and egg analogy. Has to be something for them to do.

Maybe Canada could actually greenlight a few country mega projects, that might help. But just building homes for more people to bring more people is just insanity.

I see an empty corridor between the transcanada highway. Perfect spot for a cross country utility and high speed rail service.

But nah, none of that will ever happen in this messed up country. Our immigration plan is is just about brining in docile voters and thats about it.

Comment

Are immigrants all visually distinct?

I bet I could see cropgrower in a crowd and not peg him as an immigrant until he talked.

There’s no way I could tell you if the 200 guys working on the wind farm here are immigrants or not. I’ve only seen them working, haven’t talked to them. I know last time a large portion were from out east.

For that matter, my brother is a linesman and he is NOT here. He’s working Stateside. Better money. Again, wouldn’t be able to tell he’s not American until he got in his AB plated truck.
      Last edited by Blaithin; Aug 14, 2023, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        I dont see many immigrants climbing power poles or working the rig deck in the winter time. I see a lot of excess uber drivers, cleaners and drive through window workers.

You cant build a society using the chicken and egg analogy. Has to be something for them to do.

Maybe Canada could actually greenlight a few country mega projects, that might help. But just building homes for more people to bring more people is just insanity.

I see an empty corridor between the transcanada highway. Perfect spot for a cross country utility and high speed rail service.

But nah, none of that will ever happen in this messed up country. Our immigration plan is is just about brining in docile voters and thats about it.
        Go I to a shop of an ag equipment dealer lots of new Canadians.

Comment

On the other hand. You can get great home maintenance services at great prices; in Palm Springs..
          Not the same but; supply and demand with a great work ethic and less hand outs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
            Are immigrants all visually distinct?

I bet I could see cropgrower in a crowd and not peg him as an immigrant until he talked.

There’s no way I could tell you if the 200 guys working on the wind farm here are immigrants or not. I’ve only seen them working, haven’t talked to them. I know last time a large portion were from out east.

For that matter, my brother is a linesman and he is NOT here. He’s working Stateside. Better money. Again, wouldn’t be able to tell he’s not American until he got in his AB plated truck.
            you are right yes ,it when i talk that gives me away ! but its rare that folk guess im irish , lots think im Dutch ! some even ask if im hutterite !

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
              you are right yes ,it when i talk that gives me away ! but its rare that folk guess im irish , lots think im Dutch ! some even ask if im hutterite !
              Would think you would talk faster than either of them 😂

Comment

The oil towns in the SE sask were desperate for workers a few years ago.Our town has a k to 12 school only because of immigration.pork industry is now huge in sask all because of expansion because of imigration.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                  I have had people ask me where my accent is from. I'm not sure what to answer, because myself, my parents, my grandparents and most of my great-grandparents were all born in this country. And I didn't even know I had an accent.

Comment

Accents change lots in 50 miles in ireland , Cork was my nearest city and they talk compleetly differently to us country folk !

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      I have had people ask me where my accent is from. I'm not sure what to answer, because myself, my parents, my grandparents and most of my great-grandparents were all born in this country. And I didn't even know I had an accent.
                      You’re in west hillbilly land is why.

Also probably caught some of your wife’s. If you’re in denial of hillbilliedom 😂

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                        The oil towns in the SE sask were desperate for workers a few years ago.Our town has a k to 12 school only because of immigration.pork industry is now huge in sask all because of expansion because of imigration.
                        Absolutely agree , see the same thing here . But to ad a massive immigration policy on top of a critical housing shortage and a large population that’s not working needs some second thoughts is all I am saying
                        Immigration the past several years has saved a lot of local businesses because of two things , Covid disrupted a large portion of the workforce, a topic on its own , and a portion of society of civil servants here in Canada that has become extremely entitled from free government handouts, work from home policy, and less work for more money attitude as witnessed by the last government workers strike .
                        They all need a swift kick in the rear end .
                        The ones that are crying about affordable living are the very one’s causing the issues . Civil servants that contribute zero wealth , they are takers , not makers .
                        Immigrants are makers in general , and contribute far more than this lazy entitled generation this current government created

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                          I cant wait for Crypto Polly to tell us how he is going to lower interest rates at the independent bank of Canada and cut housing and food prices at the same time.

If he forced the bank of canada to lower rates which he can't, he would drive down the dollar which would raise the price of everything.

It will be interesting to hear from the guy who thinks he could solve inflation with crypto currency.

What other really dumb ideas will he come up with?
                          Just like your fellow liberal buddies , the only argument you have against Pollievre is the crypto - currency comment he made eons ago. Wow is that all you have?

It is time the people in this country wake the hell up and realize that the "boy king" , A guy you voted for Chuck is a complete and total disaster , and the reason this country of ours is a complete joke on the world stage!

You might be entitled to your opinion , but that doesn't mean you know what you are talking about.

Comment

PoLIEvre if elected prime minister will screw up this country the way Trump did to America

Comment

Harper and even previous govts had a concept of chained immigration. That concept had family involved in the process, relatives of current canadians have a much less chance of being a burden on the system. Those integrated families will help new comers adapt and find their way. They will even live together until on their feet. That gives them time and a financial cushion to acquire language skills and upgrade training or find meaningful work.

Thats all out the door with Trudeau. They are in hotels now on our dime, in food bank lines and in some cases in tent cities or on the street even and many cant speak a lick of english. Go up and have a conversation with the guy cleaning at walmart or throwing bags at the airport and you will quickly see what I mean. Without language skills you are automatically destined for underclass in this country. How does that help us as a country.

This is nuts. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                                PoLIEvre if elected prime minister will screw up this country the way Trump did to America
                                Could you expand on that? What did Trump screw up, and which of Trumps policies did Biden not double down on?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...