• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadians lose money investing in Cannabis

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Street drugs are contaminated and causing overdose deaths. Safe injection sites and safe supply saves lives and reduce associated crime.
    Wow, are you for real. The safe injection sites gave way to 2000 overdose deaths in BC. Sask will see about 200.

Another brain dead policy.

All of these drugs are laced with fetynl and meth. There are no safe injections sites.

Might as well call it MAID services.

Comment

People (addicts) are seeking fentanyl out for the ‘special high’. Contaminated supply is a myth, they know what they are getting into.
      Last edited by Taiga; Nov 24, 2022, 15:44.

Comment

"Today there are two very different cannabis markets in Canada: one that is legal, highly taxed and regulated and one that is thriving and illicit," Klein said.

"The unregulated, illicit market is generating billions of dollars of dollars of revenue with 40 per cent of market share and faces virtually no risk of enforcement."

Click image for larger version

Name:	cg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	774536

Comment

Is it just the producers losing money, or are the retailers also bleeding red ink? It looks like a very crowded market.

In my local small town, which likely hasn't had any new buildings go up in the last couple of decades, a brand new cannabis retailer was just built. And this is an area that has been infamous for the illegal grow ops, I don't they all went away the day it was legalized.

Comment

Or perhaps simple economics, you know putting food on the table or getting high every night on govt product.

Either way its a total fail. Total. All that money that went into dope we could be shipping LNG like mad.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              "Today there are two very different cannabis markets in Canada: one that is legal, highly taxed and regulated and one that is thriving and illicit," Klein said.

"The unregulated, illicit market is generating billions of dollars of dollars of revenue with 40 per cent of market share and faces virtually no risk of enforcement."

[ATTACH]11962[/ATTACH]
              Interesting that I saw a BNN Bloomberg report on this this morning.

It is interesting that cannabis ‘licenses’ are being totally eliminated from the Flagstaff County LUB 01| 2023 ;

Since 40% now of the cannabis consumption in Canada is illegally produced elicit weed…to primarily avoid …the taxes… paid by regulated cannabis…Flagstaff County is adding to the growth of illegal underground elicit drug market and production.
              This can’t be good for our communities.

Cheers

Comment

I have to wonder, how many new users have been introduced to the product since the stigma of being illegal was removed? And is the 40% that is still underground significantly smaller than it would have been before legalization, or has the entire market expanded and the underground market is still just as big as it ever was? This might have been the best gift to organized crime there could ever have been, new customers abound, and no legal consequences.

Comment

I've been told that you still go to your regular grower for the good stuff.
                  Store bud like 3.2 beer.

Comment

How much of our money is going to be wasted on battery building plants before the Great White North wakes up and realizes that electric cars are a dead horse - that good ole fossil fuel and carbon are God’s gift to man. Fools and other people’s money……..

Comment

I am going to be blunt, smoking dope for a lark when you were a kid at a party is much different than consuming this sht regular as an adult. BC they cant even watch fireworks without going into a dope fueled haze. Its stupid.

Kids dont even have a beer anymore, they are vaping this all day long. We used to maybe drink on the weekend night but never did I ever think about drinking during the week day. Kids vape all day on this and think its fine.

We are breeding a generation of even stupider people.

I need to move to Japan.

Comment

Agree completely. Hope they're educating well in schools.

Comment

Alcohol and tobacco are still much larger problems relative to cannabis and cause a greater amount of harm because the number of addicted abusers is far greater.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            Agree completely. Hope they're educating well in schools.
                            Oh they’re educating all right (i.e. chucky 101)

Comment

It's plain to see that Chuck lives a sheltered life.
                              Tobacco kills the user only, albeit slowly.
                              Alcohol harms families generationally.
                              Harms the user slowly. Only a few can function (hold a job) while drinking a 60 a day. Many function on a mickey a night.
                              Pot is now normalized. Affects on the brain before 25 while still developing evident. Attitude of chronic users while young is different.
                              A few hits after work is one thing.
                              But the reasoning abilities of a chronic user I find different between pot and booze. Neither better just different.
                              I believe adolescent usage more harmful with pot.
                              It seems the "screw it" attitude more prevalent.
                              Your liver doesn't blow in your 40s with pot.
                              It's here to stay. And that's okay.
                              But deflecting to other abuses doesn't make pot the lesser. Nice try Chuck.
                              Not sure which the lesser if my kid was using. I guess you can check out easier with less side effects with pot.
                              Naloxone unnecessary if just booze around.
                              Work beside a few, there's differences.
                              Again, you still have to go black market if you're a heavier user. Same place for shrooms.
                              The users I know all draw a line on the coke, crack, meth, etc. They know you do bad things and die fast. Because pot was illegal, they saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                                I've been told that you still go to your regular grower for the good stuff.
                                Store bud like 3.2 beer.
                                That is what I have been told as well. As usual, government intervention can screw anything up. The free market had the appropriate quality of the products all figured out. Government got involved, and they can't even piggyback on all of the decades of experience and instead, reinvent the wheel and provide a product the customer doesn't want.

Yet there are those among Us who still think the government should be intervening in power generation, vehicle production, consumer choices, fertilizer use, land use, health mandates etc.
                                In fact, our own useful idiot chuck, even uses this as his go-to argument, the government is mandating it or building it, therefore it must work.

Well, here is a prime example of of that fallacy.

Of course, it's probably just the fault of climate change or Stephen Harper or anti-vaxxers as usual.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...