• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As long as I have a fire I guess

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So brainiacs, which scientific organizations are suggesting that climate change is nothing to worry about and the climate of pliocene is better than the current climate for human habitation so we should want to go there?

If you think that would be the case, get yourself a convoy and placard and head for Edmonton and Ottawa to spread the good news!

Any wingnut who thinks that the pliocene would be an optimum time for humans really has slipped off the edge of the flat earth! LOL

Comment

What’s the optimal CO2 ppm in a greenhouse again ?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        What’s the optimal CO2 ppm in a greenhouse again ?
        Can you define the word optimal?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          So brainiacs, which scientific organizations are suggesting that climate change is nothing to worry about and the climate of pliocene is better than the current climate for human habitation so we should want to go there?

If you think that would be the case, get yourself a convoy and placard and head for Edmonton and Ottawa to spread the good news!

Any wingnut who thinks that the pliocene would be an optimum time for humans really has slipped off the edge of the flat earth! LOL
          Can you explain why those temperatures and sea levels and CO2 levels were defined as optimum by the scientific community when they occurred during the pliocene, but according to your analysis, they would be less than optimum if they were to occur today. What has changed?

The the species of Flora and fauna are not significantly different. The arrangement of the continents is essentially unchanged. And contrary to what Chuck keeps saying, the Earth was not flat then nor now.

Or were the scientists wrong when they labeled the previous warm periods as being optimums? And you know much better than they do.
          Do you not believe the fossil record and all of the evidence of life flourishing during warm eras and shrinking during cold eras?
          Is your climate cult much like the other religious cults who claim that the fossil evidence was planted by some mythical god? Perhaps you are smarter than all of the paleontologists as well.

Comment

DA5 do you have a problem reading and understanding what NOAA says about the current CO2 levels and the pliocene?

"Sea levels were 5 and 25 meters higher than today"!

Do you really think that almost no polar ice caps and very high sea levels of the pliocene would be good for the worlds coastal cities? LOL

Carbon dioxide now more than 50% higher than pre-industrial levels

https://www.noaa.gov/news-release/carbon-dioxide-now-more-than-50-higher-than-pre-industrial-levels

"Prior to the Industrial Revolution, CO2 levels were consistently around 280 ppm for almost 6,000 years of human civilization. Since then, humans have generated an estimated 1.5 trillion tons of CO2 pollution, much of which will continue to warm the atmosphere for thousands of years.

CO2 levels are now comparable to the Pliocene Climatic Optimum, between 4.1 and 4.5 million years ago, when they were close to, or above 400 ppm. During that time, sea levels were between 5 and 25 meters higher than today, high enough to drown many of the world’s largest modern cities. Temperatures then averaged 7 degrees Fahrenheit higher than in pre-industrial times, and studies indicate that large forests occupied today’s Arctic tundra."

Comment

Chuck, you just keep regurgitating the same talking point about sea levels over and over and over. Why do you think that would be bad for life on earth?
              Or are you so selfish that the only life on Earth that matters is humans and our infrastructure?
              Does optimum conditions for all of life on Earth not outweigh your concerns about the temporary irresponsibly located human infrastructure?
              How much would Earth's carrying capacity increase as a result of higher sea levels, higher temperatures, and the resulting higher CO2 levels?
              Perhaps you could take it one step further and tell us what the optimum level of CO2 and optimum temperature would be for all of life on earth?
              What is the optimum sea level? Life has survived a huge range of sea levels throughout history, which is the right one?
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Oct 27, 2022, 09:52.

Comment

DA5 you do really think that human caused climate change is the way to go and the pliocene would come with no costs only benefits? LMAO

Comment

DA5 you do really think that human caused climate change is the way to go and the pliocene would come with no costs only benefits? LMAO
                  Again, the Pliocene period lasted 2.7 million years. You are describing a period 6000 years long at 280 ppm of C02. It would appear to me that the 6000 year period is the aberration not the 2.7 million year period! You are concerned about the disappearance of glaciers, we’re they not created by the ice age, by global cooling, it is logical that glaciers didn’t exist during the Pliocene. Also humans didn’t exist during the Pliocene period, where did the elevated levels of C02 come from and where did they disappear to for this 6000 year period of low C02 levels?

Comment

Temperatures then averaged 7 degrees Fahrenheit higher than in pre-industrial times, and studies indicate that large forests occupied today’s Arctic tundra." [/B]
                    Forests instead of tundra. I wonder which supports more life? Almost sounds as if the habitable areas of earth expanded during the previous optimal period. The elevated levels of beneficial CO2 would be a large factor in expanding the habitable areas as well.
                    Do you proofread, or even read your cut and paste to make sure they don't contradict your position?
                    Apparently you thought that point was so important that you even put it in bold. I often wonder whose side you are really on.
                    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Oct 27, 2022, 13:27.

Comment

I must have missed the post where Chuck explained all of the acronyms he uses. I did manage to figure out LOL all by myself, and Lots Of Love back at you chuck.
                      But I cannot figure out what da5 stands for.
                      Google says it is a single seat sport airplane, a war movie or an OBD1 electrical adapter.
                      Any of which make about as much sense as the rest of his posts.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC8F5672-75EE-4CCA-AE4B-AD3877860591.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	773996

Comment

At the speed of science

Comment

Elon Musk( the richest man on the planet) is gonna make quick work of criminal google. Suppress that you morons!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              I must have missed the post where Chuck explained all of the acronyms he uses. I did manage to figure out LOL all by myself, and Lots Of Love back at you chuck.
                              But I cannot figure out what da5 stands for.
                              Google says it is a single seat sport airplane, a war movie or an OBD1 electrical adapter.
                              Any of which make about as much sense as the rest of his posts.
                              It’s his slight at you.

Comment

glad I unblocked glenn.

venture over here to rural issues to see the too and fro.

you guys give me humour and glenn even cracked one "hell froze over"

good to see mate

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...