• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Dml

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask set up a 100 person field hospital twice and took it down twice without every seeing a single patient.

So I am a little skeptical about the claim health care was overrun. More like mismanaged.

Even Biden came out with a whopper yesterday saying the vaxxed can gather safely while everyone else is good as dead.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer;522057

Now under reason 3, here is my response to points you made. [I
      "the vaccine was sold to the populace as something that it clearly couldn't deliver on"[/I] I am not sure if vaccines were oversold as much as it was the case of people hearing what they wanted to hear. Never has any pharma or goverenment claimed their vax was 100% effective. Best case data shows low 90% effective when introduced and some like the JandJ and AZ was much lower. It was everyday people who heard vaccine and decided they were bullet proof. Even at 90% effective, if every Canadian were vaccinated with the best vaccine available, there would still be nearly 4 million Canadians at risk to break through infection. And that is before vaccine effectiveness is reduced by mutation as respiratory viruses are known to do. There are over 60 mututaions of the common season flu now hence seasonal flu vaccines must be adjusted an bossted annually. The good news is if you still get Covid after a vax, data shows the disease is less severe, and risk of both hospitalization and death is reduced.
      Perhaps it was never explicitly stated. But by repeatedly stating/mandating that fully vaccinated are free to go virtually anywhere almost without restrictions, while unvaccinated, are increasingly restricted, it certainly gave the impression that they were bullet proof, and the only thing they had to fear was unvaccinated. At least people I know certainly used that logic to justify their actions, and lack of precautions once vaccinated.
      Personally, having dealth with cattle vaccines forever, I have no expectations that a vaccine should be 100% effective, or have no side effects, or be once and done forever. However, earlier on, many reliable sources were claiming zero side effects, downplaying any notion that one could be infected, or infectious once vaccinated. I saw nothing from official sources contradicting this. Maybe I am unique, but I would rather be told the brutal truth, than kept in the dark and molly coddled with reassuring half truths.

As for your last claim about vaccinated having less severe outcomes, that absolutely has been true in the past, but the trends I am seeing in the data indicate that the gap is quickly closing, if not already closed. It bought us a lot of time to figure out a more permanent solution. Instead of using that time wisely, we spent it blaming anyone who isn't vaccinated, while sticking our collective heads in the sand as to the predictable failing efficacy of the vaccines.

And given all of the above, and the unknowable ( no need for speculation, we have no possible way of knowing the long term side effects( if any) of anything without long term studies), it is ridiculous to insist on vaccinating the young healthy people who are at virtually no statistical risk of tieing up hospital beds, if the vaccine also doesn't keep them from being spreaders. Save the doses, and keep boosting the elderly and immune compromised, even if it only gains a few weeks of protection from severe symptoms.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...