• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're in trouble with peas.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're in trouble with peas.....

Our peas have root rot, they look horrible and parts of the field(1/2 section) may end up chem fallow. We have an 80 acre piece close to the badly infected ones that are somewhat better and a quarter further away that hasn't seen peas in a long time that isnt bad.

Sad part is, I was told even if I'd seed treated them it only buys me 2 to 3 weeks and if the wet conditions persisted I was screwed anyway.

Anyone know of a witches brew or some snake oil that would help. NO MORE RAIN PLEASE!!!!!!! Although I'm sure its too late. The bottom of the trench is wet looking and a clay base soil.

Shit.....

Peas and lentils hate wet feet. Only cereals are looking good.

Comment

farmaholic

Don't know your specifics but check out anphomyces.

No cure, no prevention.

No sense spraying. And the good news is the only solution is no legumes for 10 years. Yes ten, one zero, 10.

But I am no agrologist, but talk to one.

Comment

Our canola looks terrible if misery likes company, I think the only cure is no more rain. You can keep a good looking crop good but it impossible to turn a failure back into a winner. Hope you have crop ins.

Comment

Lots of root rot in canola this year too, know of one operation that reseeded a bunch of canola that was at the 3-4 leaf stage due to damping off

Comment

Are the peas worse where HEAT was used as a pre burn - they sure are here !!

Comment

Nope........

Comment

I googled dampening off. Peroxide solution is the cure.

Comment

Can you have damping off problem at 3 leaf?

Comment

Pretty happy with the authority before and after planting peas. Not much weed pressure. Some mostly sick. Peas dark green. But just very small yet. What is the poem rain rain go away come another day.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...