• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPG.... History bears repeating

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPG.... History bears repeating

dave4441 posted Nov 23, 2012 11:44
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attention Pulse Growers

We are the three other candidates for the two positions on the Saskatchewan Pulse Growers board of Directors.
    You might have received a mail out or read a press release that has three current SPG board members promoting two new candidates for the board of Directors of SPG.

The three of us have been through various elections and have served to the best of our abilities to represent Growers interests. We all now share a concern. Our concern is that these sitting Board members are promoting candidates that think the same as they do so they will be able to control the decisions on the board.

This election is different from past elections we have been involved in. In the past all the boards we have served on brought a selection of individuals to a table with diverse views and laid the opinions on the table for discussion. These opinions and ideas were discussed and debated sometimes stridently but always with respect and with the best interests of the growers we represented. A board of seven independent thinkers would serve the SPG levy payers the best.

A slate of three or of five unfortunately can often bring one opinion or agenda with three or five votes to the table. There are 7 Board members on SPG. Five bring a majority. It is far better in our view to have diverse opinions and separate votes to fully explore options.

We see ourselves to be the only option and we would solicit your vote in the upcoming election. If you chose to support two of us we will endeavor to bring two opinions to the SPG board table to represent you and bring a balanced point of view.

Respectfully

John Bennett Vicki Dutton Tim Wiens
    948 2852 441 6699 377 4740
    bennettjs@sasktel.net westernvicki@gmail.com twiens@sasktel.net
    IP: Logged
    Edit?

JohnGalt posted Nov 23, 2012 13:03
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You all have my support
    Edit?

haveapulse posted Nov 23, 2012 13:31
    Thank you!
    Edit?

boarderbloke posted Nov 23, 2012 15:02
    a classy response to a classless ad.
    Edit?

cottonpicken posted Nov 23, 2012 16:57
    I was staying out of this because i didn't know what
    was going on"explain it to me like i am 3-"michael
    scott""

But i will vouch for Tim Wiens.
    Edit?

sumdumguy posted Nov 23, 2012 20:48
    My vote are squarely behind you. They will never
    be "winners" and that they must know. If this is
    allowed will they next resort to smear tactics.
    Edit?

sumdumguy posted Nov 23, 2012 20:49
    Dave, I dont know who you are on the ballot ( top
    or bottom)?
    Edit?

oneoff posted Nov 23, 2012 20:51
    Sure sounds like what is going on is identical to RM politics where the old boys work to continue to solidify their control by keeping any new ideas from gaining hold.

One tactic is to fully surround onself with known support. Then a form of conspiracy is agreed too; followed by sworn secrecy; agreement to censorship and propaganda control. The security forces are engaged; the cameras installed; and the reputation ruining apparatuses run at full capacity. Spin control, damage control and dirty tricks engaged. The potential for criminal activity such as spying, eavedropping, and worse isthe ultimate end result as the corruption, hunger for power and control escalates. All proven that it can happen and history will repeat itself. See Richard Nixon and "All the Presidents Men" and the development of Nazism as two of the ultimate examples.

Tell me at what stage Sask politics is currently at? Ever thought of what road the Pulse Growers and many RM council are on?

And yes it does relate to Commodity marketing.
    Edit?

dave4441 posted Nov 23, 2012 21:08
    I am neither. I will put my support behind these 3
    people. I don't know the other 2 and would bet
    they would also be good, but I can't stomach the
    gang mentality of this last 2 elections. I spent 6
    yrs on SPG board and i don't see myself going
    back. Had my run. Learned a ton and served
    with some great board members. Some of those
    people are still on the board and are able to make
    informed decisions. I get pretty frustrated when I
    see people trying to create problems from stuff
    that I was present for. when I left the board there
    was 6 board members that made some tough
    decisions and treated each others opinion with
    respect, even though we disagreed on things.

Organizations periodically need some
    restructuring and new blood and no one person is
    irreplaceable. I don't think we should throw the
    present board to the wolves and we sure don't
    want to add a bunch of rubber stampers either.
    Rather have some heated debates then 5 people
    that act as one. That's why I posted this.
    Edit?

sumdumguy posted Nov 23, 2012 21:25
    Desperate means for desperate men. i think I
    know who is really behind this manouver.
    Edit?

ColevilleH2S posted Nov 24, 2012 0:00
    My ballet went in the mail today. I'd like to thank Burt and friends, for narrowing down the choices this time. Picking two out of three, is easier than from a larger group. It's just too bad they had to taint Simpson and Hundeby like that. They sounded like fine candidates.
    Edit?

ColevilleH2S posted Nov 24, 2012 0:03
    And no I'm not dancing, I meant "ballot".
    Edit?

LEP posted Nov 24, 2012 2:24
    Lets face it the Three Amigos ran on a slate last
    year expecting that they could bully two more
    board members to carry the day.

It must not have worked so now they try smear and
    innuendo to get two more positions in order to
    hijack SPG.

I hope Regina is watching this closely as many
    millions of dollars are at risk here.

If this is how Grower99 and his two buds play out in
    the light of day, imagine how respectful they are
    behind closed doors.
    Edit?

oneoff posted Nov 24, 2012 9:17
    And who said that doors should be closed in the first place? In fact the technolgy is present to broadcast any move in real time.

That would be some real fresh air.
    Edit?

sumdumguy posted Nov 24, 2012 13:17
    The big machine has an agenda and wants its
    way. There is ia huge pool of capital, access to
    breeder rights and information. Just seems like a
    conflict of interest - big time. Who should
    benefit? The guys who pay the levy - the
    producers. How do we insure they have first
    dibs? Through the SPG board. Thats my opinion.

I know one of the directors from North Battleford
    who would not be affraid to enlighten the big
    machine about the perception of wrongdoing and
    their responsibility to not highjack the pot for the
    gain of the "insiders".

Hope the voters see it for what it is.
    Edit?

oneoff posted Nov 24, 2012 22:56
    This pulse grower story and my Sask RM council concerns appear to be examples of exactly the same root evils.

I know exactly what I'm talking about concerning the RM politics. I've attended every open council meeting for over a full year with a 100% attendance record. And in my opinion I can not see how the many examples of poor governance can be condoned by any reasoable person. But I understand it is most likely because of lack of applying the resources needed to inform oneself.

I also paid several hundred dollars of pulse levies last year. And I am sorry to say I'm 100% ignorant of what has gone on in past elections; board decisions in the spending of that money; who any one of the board directors are; nor have I any clear knowledge of where any particular board member fits into the pulse growers agenda.
    Now I have a greater sympathy of how any person can follow the business that hundreds of remote RM's conduct; or dozens of organizations I partially fund.

However the big picture is that if all persons have a confidence that pulse grower (for example) and RM business is conducted by honorable individuals; who are aware of potential and perceived conflicts of interests (and handle them appropriately); and that those seeking elections have a driving interest in fairly and equitably serving those that provide the funding through levies and taxation; then thats as good as it can get.
    However if there is no accountability; and no one ever resigns; and it sure looks like there is favoritism and self interests being served

then thats about as bad as it could possibly get.

And time to start over no matter what any temporary hardship

Good job, directors, you have our backing! Carry
    your heads high. We know you will treat each
    other and all of us with acceptance and respect.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...