• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rake up for peas?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do thr Coulter. .. get a disk from an m10 disk drill or similar. Then get some 8 inch steel pipe. Cut a 2 in ring off and weld it to the disk... then mount that.

Comment

What is your estimated yield? Will have a bearing on what you can afford. I am afraid your going to destroy your good working rakeup pickup. Bats are not cheap. Lots of down time. Plus the shelling. Plus a ****ed up rake up. Anyone around Willing to crop share the harvest do the work and share the crop? Just a suggestion.

Comment

Estimated yield 40 to 50. What do you think will happen to physically wreck the pick up?

Comment

Do you have rocks?

Comment

With all due respect Freewheat, you cant afford to leave a $300/ac to $350/ac crop in the field instead of buying a $10,000 1020 flex (just guessing on price). We have had a couple of them and they are great headers. If that doesnt work hire it done. Its not an expense. To mess around and use a rakeup is the wrong move. Been there done that.

Comment

Hire a neighbour with a flex head and than return the favour with combine hours or whatever works if finances are the issue. Have seen 1020 heads in decent shape sell for $3000 for 25 ' at Ritchie's. Flex with pickup reel will be your best return on investment IMO

Comment

We have some rocks, I have never EVER picked one up though. Or did you mean in my head???? lol!

Comment

I do not have 10 000. And who am I going to hire? And what about the green headed wheat? If the pickup doesn't work, I am open to other options. I know what you mean though. The other thing is they are shelling bad. When you pull at them with the pickup reel to peel them off the ground, they shell. And the ground is also mud under the canopy.

I may well be wrong. I usually am, but I have a very limited budget, and limited other options. Trying to hire someone here, and I would be waiting till late October.

Comment

Another factor might be how well they are insured.

Comment

a guy might be able to find a sund pickup around, start calling wreckers and combine world?

Comment

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-farming-equipment/saskatoon/sund-pickup/1006855347

Comment

Freewheat I have a 22ft sund on a gleaner header let me know if you r interested.

Comment

It worked ok when we used it but maybe you r better off with a cheap flex header.

Comment

Rent a flexhead or buy and then resell?

Comment

Agree. Rent a 1020 flex. Lots of them around. Will shave the ground. Used to use these on beans. Did great job. Surely a dealer wud let u rent for a day or two.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...