• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New JD 'Machine Sync' for harvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New JD 'Machine Sync' for harvest

John Deere has developed new technology that provides timely, critical information on equipment location, operational status and automates equipment during harvest.

"Having real-time data is critical for equipment operators during harvest," says Holli Brokaw, AMS product manager for John Deere. "Our new Machine Syncâ„¢ and Machine Communication Radio provide the accurate, in-field information producers need to maximise efficiencies during the hectic harvest season."

The Machine Communication Radio is the first radio on the market that can create an in-field, high-speed wireless network to facilitate machine-to-machine communication. The radio is designed to enable up to 10 vehicles in a single network to distribute data between one another when operating within a 7.5 kilometre radius.

The radio, which is easy to set up and use, teams up with the Machine Syncâ„¢ activation and GreenStarâ„¢ 3 2630 Display and StarFire Receiver to create the in-field network to share logistics information.

Machine Syncâ„¢ is a John Deere exclusive system that takes harvest automation to the next level and the first application that uses the Machine Communication Radio hardware.

"Operators can see the location of all grain carts in the network and, from the combine, they can send a ready-to-unload request," Brokaw says. "This information enables operators and managers to make the best decisions to maximise the harvesting fleet, while reducing fuel consumption and ground compaction."

Machine Syncâ„¢ is simple to set up and use, even for inexperienced operators. The software provides the combine location and bin-fill status to the cart operator, who can determine how quickly the combine will need to unload; prioritise which combine to go to first when multiple combines are in the field; or call in additional carts as needed.

This technology also allows the combine operator to control the location of the tractor and grain cart for automated on-the-go unloading, lock the grain cart into position and adjust it as needed for optimal cart filling.

"Growers work hard all year to produce a high-yielding crop," Brokaw says. "Our newest AMS technology helps ensure that they harvest that crop in the most efficient manner possible."

For more information on the John Deere range of Ag Management Solutions visit our Web site or FREECALL 0800 303 100 to contact your local John Deere dealer

http://www.efarming.com.au/NewProducts/machinery/10/01/2012/4999/john-deere-introduces-new-machine-sync-technology-to-optimise-harvesting-in-the-field.html

Also lets the dealer and Deere know if you overheated the engine, when you last did you oil change, if you chipped the engine, how high engine oil level was, etc.

I am sure this technology looks promising for precision agriculture, but the amount of info is sends back to company for free is going to be amazing.

Salesmen will show in your yard because they know you have XX number of hours on your tractor, or that it is starting to burn oil or is hard starting, etc.

Big Brother is watching. What they do with this info is going to be interesting.

Comment

Interesting point poorboy.

But one thing,"most" technologies in industries are
      very well meant to satisfy the user and the sellers,but
      the case of made to fail things recently makes my
      argument mute.

Deere has turned into a ***** and puts its name on
      everything now,that just gives *****s a bad name,lol.

Regardless,technology can't stop moving forward.

Comment

Vic Toews will be able to know where you are at in the field at all times, without a warrant!

Comment

Poor boy, farms are big enough today, they only
          keep their tractors until warranty is expired.
          Sometimes, if the price is right, even less time
          than that. They don't care if an employee heated
          an engine or ran with low oil. New tractors are
          built better than ever, so they should last a long
          time.

Comment

I beg to differ on The Built better than ever Comment. Infact I'd say Shits gettin worse out here. Especially with all this New Emissions Crap. Our Work Horses of The Future have officially been ruined, Thank You Global Warming Believers, I can't Thank Yous enough...........

Comment

Look Mom, No Hands, I mean No Driver....

>

Comment

What Will Farming Look Like in 50 years?

>

Comment

BTO: I can't understand a thing your saying. Please improve the structure and grammar of your sentences!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...