• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Rotation on MFWD's

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Rotation on MFWD's

I have reversed the rotation of the tires on my MFWD in order to reduce wear on the highway. So far it seems to runs smoother. Anyone else tried this? HT

We've worn out one set of front radials already, and are started on the second. Post back if it works, but what about this snow? I've been close to stuck a couple of times this week clearing stack yards and getting bales. Wouldn't those fronts spin alot easier?

Comment

I'm in the same boat since last weekend. Since then my MFWD is getting stopped by snow in places out in the open. That hasn't been happening around here for a long time.

Guess having the front tires reversed is a 2 edged sword; you lose a bit of forward traction and gain a little backing up. To me, losing a bit of forward grunt isn't likely to doom a mission. Actually it might keep you from getting as deep as you would otherwise. And backing out should be easier.

Test hasn't went on long enough to prove any of the above but it does run smoother on the hiway. HT

Comment

Hope it works for you, and the wind doesn't blow for a while...

Comment

Hey Brian hadnt noticed your post till now. The reversed front tires don't seem to give up a lot when pushing snow which we are doing a lot of these days. And as far as I can see there is no longer any cupping on dry pavement. They look a little different but for my type of work I won't be changing them back. Oh and we get a ground drift almost every day. HT

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...