• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Elliott & Sons (Phoenix Foundry) London, Ont 1880's

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Elliott & Sons (Phoenix Foundry) London, Ont 1880's

John Elliott & Sons mfg'd Ag equipment from the 1850's to ???. Their Phoenix foundry was at Bathurst & Wellington in London. (Every second foundry in N America was named "Phoenix!!).
    A descendant is trying to learn the trade names of their implements, to look for old lit and ads. They may've made Warrior plows, and they did mfr threshers, one of which was named Joan d'Arc.
    Does anyone here recall anything about their trade names?? There's lots of info about Elliott, but no ref's to the lines they produced. Local Hist Soc etc no help to date.

I live in London - have you tried contacting the London Library system - they have a terrific archive of the local newspaper the London Free Press. They might be able to find out abou the Phoenix Foundry.

Good luck,

Joe

Comment

Joe: many thxx for reply.
      I'd checked the London Free Press website, in the hopes their archives were available (which they are, for a fee, at least to non-subscribers).My understanding, from the original posts, was that the guy had contacted the library but hadn't gotten any reply. I'll pass on the info that the library does have the newspaper file.
      Again, many thxx!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...