• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grain vacs- remm vs brandt

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grain vacs- remm vs brandt

Looking at a new remm 2700 and brandt grain vac. What's every ones opinion's. What's everbody's choice and why, always planned on brandt but, the new remm looks pretty good.

I sell grain vacs for a living but do not sell either one of these. Without a doubt I would recommend Rem over Brandt. Being in the business of grain vacs I hear all the positives and negatives with all brands. They all have certain options,capabilities,and capacities that make each one better for some farmers but not the next.
    Make sure you put the vac into a grain you will be using it for, if you grow peas or lentils make sure it does not crack worse than your auger. Do some cleanup, all vacs move grain out of a full bin but cleanup is the tough job thats hard on you and your back. Make sure the hoses and nozzles are to your liking. If you dont like it for cleanup you might as well by a auger and a shovel. A vac that has heavy hose or nozzles that you dont like can be harder than shoveling.
    Dont let the salesman do all the work, you need to handle the hose and use the nozzles he won't be there after the cheque is cashed.
    Also make sure they deliver the vac and sure they show you how to run it. If you don't have some vac experience it can be very frustrating trying to figure it out on your own. Many people think it just turn the pto on and stick the nozzle in the grain. If your salesman or dealership doesn't know how to run it don't buy it. You wouldn't but a tractor from the greeter at Wallmart(unless they knew how to run it). Not all dealerships have grain vac experience but they should at least be able to give you guidance and trouble shoot.

I have far less complaints about Rem than I do Brandt. Brandt is the only vac I hesitate on taking on trade. It is usually the newer ones that are having trouble. I very seldom here a farmer complaing about a Rem unless it is about certain problems associated with auger style vacs such as cracking or longer cleanup suction problems.

Lots of luck let me know what you decide!!!!!!

Any vac will be nice just filling a full truck make sure it works for you on the tougher jobs and make sure you not the salesman handles the hose and nozzles so you know if you like it or not, it can all look easy when someone else does it.

Comment

Thanks for all the insight, I did buy the Rem. First used it one straight clean up, and it was a little slower than expected but even learning how to attack th clean up and such, resulted in faster loading in the end. I think all vac owners should build themselves the a clean up tube like the rem, I'm going to build one similar to what come with the unit but at least 2 feet longer, and just chase the missed kernels with the nozzle. Full bin into the truck even takes a little tweaking or operator adjusting. The last we were loading it was up to it's spec's doing over 100 bu/min in bly. Still have a little problem with the cost (purchase and operating) over the 2 year old auger it is replacing, but it was a vac, or a sp auger.

Comment

Yea I find most customers get better and faster as they learn to operate. You may have to shop around for a special length hose, some dealers only sell a specific length that they get from factory. I sell a 6" DT60mil600 hose $35.00 ft., can cut to your desired length. Be carefull somebody doesn't sell you a thinner hose, may cost less but you still want some strength when your twisting and turning.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...