• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Dust to Mud

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://weather.gc.ca/satellite/animateweb_e.html?imagetype=satellite&imagename=go es_wcan_1070_m_..................jpg&nbimages=1&cl f=1

Been watching the animated clouds, for weeks they just disappear into the low humidity BLOB. Moved east today but was so obvious over the prairies. Same on radar, rain just pops up or evaporates, also for weeks. But once it starts just keeps raining, as for SF3.

Comment

Fosston and south..2 miles from our yard..Got 2-3 inches..We got 1/10th..Today major ..Ugly cloud went over..Twisting and turning..ZERO rain..

Comment

4/10 to 1.2 inches East of Regina ( about 10 miles). Joy to the World, the rain has come. much needed.

Comment

I'm still sucking hind tit....and having trouble finding it.

Mother Nature is testing my impatience.

They say patience is a virtue.....and I've never been called virtous before.

Comment

We have been riding on the edge of moisture all spring. We have been getting little showers but nothing significant. At one point today it was raining in every direction but dust flying here.

At least we have had 3" over the last 8 weeks its keeping us going and crops hanging in there pretty good, actually getting our moneys worth out of the price of heavy land this year.

I can only imagine the intense frustration and stress if we were working on some of the numbers I have heard. Especially when you watch a radar coming and it just disappears or moves in a new direction. Feels like we are sitting at the craps table waiting for a hit on our numbers.

I am very happy to hear that many that have been running on empty finally got a shot.

Comment

is it too little...too late? Around Regina it will certainly help fill things out but I would imagine in the West part of Sask, they must be past the point where it is going to help much. Lentils must be nearly in the swath by now? We are probably 2-3 weeks away from cutting.

Comment

Just south of Edmonton and not a drop....it is getting extreme .....

Comment

perfecto,

I agree on the east/south of Edm as well. 6 tenths on some... less than 3 tenths as we go South towards MillWoods... and 0 on 17st west of Anthony Hendy.

Still under 2" rain since snow melted. I am thinking now 80 percent of normal production is quite likely. No Crop Ins payments is what is likely on our diverse farms in northern AB.... if normal rainfall to harvest from this point 4.5" total during 2015growing season. No mud yet on our farm during scouting trip this evening.

Comment

Should read ' 0 on 17st southwest of Anthony Hendy. Leduc is shorter yet.

Comment

I think of your anywhere above 50% your 10 year ave you should be thankfull this year. There are millions of acres out there that will be below that .

Comment

Saskshafe : any hail over there ?
                        We are at park - had 2 decent rains yesterday but just south of Cochin got er good. Looked like that main part went through your area . Good to hear you guys got a good soaker. Any hail across lake?

Comment

Nothing to worry about
                          No rain 2 miles south east half way to omers

Comment

Mb did you catch any yesterday?

Comment

no mud here. 2/10s in the last few weeks. unity got an inch.
                              north of hwy 14 looks good to not bad .
                              south it gets worse every day

canola leafs gray and pointing straight down.

Comment

Looks like rain in north central AB! 1/2" in 24hrs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...