• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB, Where is the rest of our wheat money?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am writing from my bunker as the flak flies above me. Now where is that white flag? The rather heated discussions over the CWB and the its impact have been great. However, I have a confession to make. I haven't produced any grain for years now...only enough for my cattle. Since they (Agricore) closed the local elevator, and world grain prices have hit the skids...what is the point? Most of my farm is seeded to forage crops.
    I don't have the answers for solving the grain growers dilemna, but if you expect meaningful gov't assistance or even a consistent agricultural policy in Canada your dreaming in technicolour. The CWB policies at times do not make sense for certain sectors of the farming or business community but at least they have shown a desire to adapt and change (mostly as a result of producers demands).
    Keep up the good fight and don't let the forces of the 'EVIL EMPIRE' (eastern Liberal b------s) get the best of you.
    I will be collecting my OAP shortly...I will soon have more annual NET income than I received from farming. Having a TAXABLE income...will indeed be a pleasant surprise.

Comment

wilagro,

I am glad you guys are doing good.

Of course getting the next generation involved in grain growing is the biggest challenge.

With out a stable grain supply, value added in agriculture cannot happen on a long term basis.

I am not willing to turn the worlds exportable grain production over to Brazil and Eastern Europe just yet.

We must figure out how to do a better job of growing and selling our grain crops. Our Northern climate has some big advantages, and the trick will now be to figure out how to make our farms and communities good places to live, attractive enough to be in the running as a desirable place to live.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...