• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Input and crop prices

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • goalieguy847
    replied
    Isnt croplan just 50 lb bags and u gotta pay extra for treatment?
    Im at 710/ bag ill pay with buteo on my 902 dekalb.

    Im basically same price as last yr.
    New 401 was a stupid price tho and gen 1 clubroot! Hahha

    Leave a comment:


  • blackpowder
    replied
    Originally posted by Tucker View Post
    Are you really suggesting that farmers dump their grain at what is usually the lowest price of the year and YOLO it all into Bitcoin?? Are you high?
    I don't believe that was the intended message at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hamloc
    replied
    Originally posted by jdg364 View Post
    Wow have things went wrong in the last two weeks. Received text msg and cnl is back under $13/bu and good wheat is struggling to stay between $7.25-7.50.

    Spoke with input supplier and 46-00 was $710, phos $1175, potash $605 and sulfur 610.. take home prices. Things are lining up to not be a very merry Xmas.

    Im assuming guys are holding off on grain sales but are any of you booking fert or just hoping prices will solve themselves come spring.
    Fertilizer definitely trending upward. End of October I was quoted $685 46-00, $1175 phos, $555 potash, $535 sulfur delivery in early December. I wasn’t impressed but I went ahead and booked it.

    Canola seed prices are absolutely disconnected from the market in my opinion. Basf and Dekalb have raised their prices too much in my opinion and Canterra is close behind. I will be going with Pioneer and Croplan varieties. Brevant is also more reasonable with pricing but I didn’t feel the yields were as good with Brevant as with Pioneer and Croplan but it could have been the difference in rain. Lots of neighbours grew Basf around me, their yields were no better but they got to spend more money!! I believe if you buy Basf or Dekalb your simply telling the company go ahead raise your prices and f### me over.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tucker
    replied
    Are you really suggesting that farmers dump their grain at what is usually the lowest price of the year and YOLO it all into Bitcoin?? Are you high?

    Leave a comment:


  • Old Cowzilla
    replied
    Rumors of more downward pressure on soybeans are keeping a lid on any canola rebound so I have been told. Couple of grain co's bringing in corn after Christmas to supply fuel and feed industry. That shuts down at lot of grain buying till spring when they have space again. They don't care how they make money

    Leave a comment:


  • Stormin
    replied
    This was my last year of farming but for the last two harvests what I did was practically sold the grain right off the combine, luckily I had average yields and the grains graded well so not bad prices but definitely not spring prices. Then I bought Bitcoin and have 4x and 2x my fiat, and spent the winter in Mexico.
    Companies are seriously looking at adding Bitcoin to there balance sheets and I have done seriously well by following the big players. Farming give me the lifestyle, Bitcoin made my business prosper.
    You have to think how can I make money with what they give me. A super B of oats packaged into 38 gram packages would make you about 1M, but ya ain't gonna get it sellin' to the terminals.

    Leave a comment:


  • jdg364
    replied
    Was listening to linville (fertilizer price guru) this week and he felt that nitrogen had room to climb in the new year.. I guess it’s a good thing we did our fall nh3 and filled a couple bins of 46-00. Just doing some rough math our fertilizer cost will still be $100/ac across the farm for 2025 which doesn’t pencil with today prices.

    We were getting into the alpine program (thxs furrow), but that might be one of the fertilizer “luxuries” that gets the axe in 2025.

    Talked to a friend at P&H and he said that a lot of $8 wht and $14 cnl was bought 3-6 weeks ago so they were going to be fairly steady shipping grain until Xmas and then the grain book afterwards was pretty small.

    Not a lot of land trade via purchase or rent in our area so far this fall but MNP told me that dry land farmland had traded $7000/ac and top rent was $225.. not sure if those numbers even work if you’re growing potatoes.

    Leave a comment:


  • furrowtickler
    replied
    Verticillium is a big issue everywhere here now unfortunately
    was identified in many fields in NW Sask

    Leave a comment:


  • FarmJunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    Rents still going up here.
    Canola every acre we can.
    Peas have been good to us but a rotation squeeze.
    Wheat always has been the dog we're stuck with when nothing else fits. Luckily today we're finding options we didn't have before.
    Losing rented acres back to landlord relatives again and this time I don't think I care.
    It's got to get a heck of a lot worse before rents go down here.....
    Just wait til the Verticillium issue shows up in the areas where canola is less of an option. Short canola rotations will make this problem shine even in the fringe areas. We are cutting our canola by a third as it’s just too costly and the yields just haven’t been what they were before rotations got shortened. Seems the seed companies wanna charge out the ass for different seed sizes, an array of shitty seed treatments and no foresight into potential future disease problems so I say they can have less of my money.

    Leave a comment:


  • blackpowder
    replied
    Rents still going up here.
    Canola every acre we can.
    Peas have been good to us but a rotation squeeze.
    Wheat always has been the dog we're stuck with when nothing else fits. Luckily today we're finding options we didn't have before.
    Losing rented acres back to landlord relatives again and this time I don't think I care.
    It's got to get a heck of a lot worse before rents go down here.....

    Leave a comment:

  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...