• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volatility Alert (VIX)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

The late Feb to March 23/2020 pullback in the market was all covid related, so your move to get into Bonds in Jan 2020 was remarkable to say the least.

I picked out the particular months of 2020 only as examples of how someone trying to time the market could take a double financial shit kicking by selling to late and then buying back to late in just a matter of a month.

Where as someone who just held and did nothing came out of this Covid pullback just fine.

WheatKing, when did you cash in the Bonds and get back into the market?
    I don't know off-hand when we flipped back into equities, but I can assure you my timing was poorly executed and did not reenter soon enough.

That explains why I don't remember.

I let my bias of the news, etc., negatively impact my decision, and I had a poor entry.

Another lesson learned and hopefully not repeated.

I moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post

I don't know off-hand when we flipped back into equities, but I can assure you my timing was poorly executed and did not reenter soon enough.

That explains why I don't remember.

I let my bias of the news, etc., negatively impact my decision, and I had a poor entry.

Another lesson learned and hopefully not repeated.

I moved on.
      The timing of the buy-back is always so difficult, especially if you miss a few of those major day rallies while sitting on the side line.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, really effects the brain.

Comment

SP comes almost all the way back. The appetite for stocks seems infinite.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

The timing of the buy-back is always so difficult, especially if you miss a few of those major day rallies while sitting on the side line.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, really effects the brain.
          It does.

One has to move on.

Comment

Bank of Canada rate cuts incoming. Friday’s dismal Cdn job losses in March sets-the-stage for a series of rate cuts beginning in June. Canada’s recession deepening . . . .

U.S. jobs was pumped-up on part-time work. Families forced to work multiple jobs as debt crisis intensifies. Gov’t credibility and support the stock market at-all-cost is really setting the stage for a meltdown (IMO).

Rates have to be cut ASAP. The U.S. economy is faltering.

Comment

Vehicle sales slowed to a crawl and now 0% is back by all the big three

Comment

Canada can’t cut rates without killing our dollar. Canada is in a tough spot because US isn’t killing their golden geese and their dollar is stronger. Our idyot has got us in a fine pickle. Interest rates aren’t the monetary instrument anymore when a country is strangled by taxes. Remember the term, “crowding out”.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  EVERY dealer is SWAMPED with new ones! 180 degree turn around in 2 years. Machinery same thing all caught up to demand.

Comment

Time to go pickup shopping, will have to check next week to see if there’s any deals yet. Still thinking it’s too early.

Comment

Lots of atv-sidebys at the local toy store. Walked past 3 lonely sales reps to the parts dept. to pick up filters for my fencing rig. The DOLLIED up rig at the front door was listed at $57000 Don't think cattle prices will last long enough for me to trade up.

Comment

But it costs $6500. On GM trucks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                          Time to go pickup shopping, will have to check next week to see if there’s any deals yet. Still thinking it’s too early.
                          At almost a $100k a pop, there are no deals. My days of buying a new truck are behind me.

Comment

Dealers are not hungry enough yet.

Comment

Strap-in . . . . Silver prices started evening down 2%, now limit up 7% over $30 per oz in China.

Oil prices slammed early. This may be one volatile week. Financial markets under heavy stress. Japan rescue mission underway? Stock markets at high risk (IMO). Concentration insane.

Bank of Canada rate cuts incoming as Canada recession deepens . . . Many central banks globally cutting rates.

Comment

Vehicle deflation, you ain’t seen nothin yet. China car prices plunging . . . . say it ain’t inflation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...