• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Cocktail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tubs View Post
    Agree Bp We are going in a pretty dangerous time who knows who will be left standing at the end of it 10 years from now
    I will be the optimist and predict that the pendulum is very close to swinging very hard in the opposite direction.
    For better or worse is yet to be seen.

Comment

I like optimism.

Consider one more.
      I disagreed with the cultural mosaic when Justin's father promoted it.
      I believe, arguably, that it was too idealistic for our time in evolution.
      ​​​​​​The melting pot premise down south far more durable. But even it is showing fatigue.
      There is no amalgamation in the Russian or Chinese culture. Or Arab for that matter. Assimilation or annihilation.
      Thousands of years foundation.
      Chinese 5 millennium?
      Pendulum swinging back towards their advantage in this for a time?
      Last edited by blackpowder; Mar 1, 2024, 14:15.

Comment

And yes admin, before you move it, I prefer discussions with adults.

Comment

The Chinese,Russian love in will last as long as a Tayler Swift boyfriend. And the Chinese are in a pickle getting old and declining pop. That grain market is failing whether they like us or not. They are not big on importing out of country folks to stabilize their population.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            I like optimism.

Consider one more.
            ​​​​​​The melting pot premise down south far more durable. But even it is showing fatigue.
            There is no amalgamation in the Russian or Chinese culture. Or Arab for that matter. Assimilation or annihilation.
            Chinese 5 millennium?
            That’s a very good point , here in North America it has become we must all assimilate to the current culture as per government agenda.
            And it became far too one sided for now

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              That’s a very good point , here in North America it has become we must all assimilate to the current culture as per government agenda.
              In that case, I must remind myself to change to martian, assemble my 9RX pre-production model, and place it on the designated paper cutout shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                And the melting pot doesn't and never will raise our standards. It all went off the tracks when we allowed towels around the RCMP heads instead of the traditional hats. It's been a downward slide ever since.

disclaimer: I don't think of myself as a racist just from old stock Canadians whose generations before came from other countries and built Canada into what a new country should be not what they left.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg364 View Post
                  Anyone price fuel recently for spring? Local coop, min 30,000L order, at $1.122/L
                  Local Co-op price is in Saskatchewan is listed at 1.1219 + GST without a minimum order requirement. (Discounts based on volume ordered through year.)

Comment

I like optimism.

Consider one more.
                    Chinese 5 millennium?
                    A couple of good posts BP. We are told that if we don’t believe in climate change and the need to eliminate fossil fuels that we are not following the science. You brought up the alphabet crowd. The justification of their culture is the concept of sexual fluidity. That your sex is not dependant on your biology, your DNA, but on how you want to identify. And if you disagree with this you are a bigot. So on one hand they demand we follow science on the other they ignore science, they ignore biological fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

A couple of good posts BP. We are told that if we don’t believe in climate change and the need to eliminate fossil fuels that we are not following the science. You brought up the alphabet crowd. The justification of their culture is the concept of sexual fluidity. That your sex is not dependant on your biology, your DNA, but on how you want to identify. And if you disagree with this you are a bigot. So on one hand they demand we follow science on the other they ignore science, they ignore biological fact.
                      Well said Hamloc

Comment

Well said

Comment

I like optimism.

Consider one more.
                          Chinese 5 millennium?
                          I hope I'm reading it right BP, because you do have a gift of putting words together.

What possible reason would the issue of amalgatmation relating to culture ever take palce in Russia, China, or Arab.

Wouldn't it require many people of different nations actually wanting to immigrate to those countries?

All the immigrants I have dealt with from the very countries you listed state, they came to Canada to be free and live the dream.

So are we that bad off?

Comment

The way I look at it, since we quit having babies, we have the choice between dying as a country without immigration. Or dying as a culture, while allowing immigration to keep our country viable. The Japanese model, or the Canadian model.
                            I'll take the Canadian model. We really didn't have any identifiable culture to start with anyways. Unless you consider being anti American to be culture.

Comment

Apologies for my ill jointed muse.
                              I refer to the adage "a house divided amongst itself cannot stand".

Comment

As we get older and our routines get comfortable, we do not really want to see change. It is happening and we just have to adapt as generations before us have.

In Canada we do have to remember that we have our holidays based on the majority of the people years ago that were christian. If the majority of our population becomes muslim, it would not be too far of a stretch to think that we shift our national holidays to muslim holidays (for example).

Would I like it, no, but that is just part of change.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...