• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minneapolis wheat has lost over 40 cents a bushel in the last 2 weeks. Local bids for hard red have gone from mid nines to high eights. Gloomy outlook. Any thoughts on where the market will bottom, outlooks for next fall?

Comment

Toilet bound like everything else!!

Comment

Might have to get back into canary seed , black beans and other crops for a few years

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          ...so think who is at fault
          Russia

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Might have to get back into canary seed , black beans and other crops for a few years
            Canary acres likely to rebound and demand has been the lowest I have ever seen in 22 years. Millet prices in USA are 10 cents/lb so getting our lunch eaten.

The only thing keeping that market from doing what the other markets are doing is due to farmer holding of old crop supplies. This crop doesn't need more acreage.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post

Canary acres likely to rebound and demand has been the lowest I have ever seen in 22 years. Millet prices in USA are 10 cents/lb so getting our lunch eaten.

The only thing keeping that market from doing what the other markets are doing is due to farmer holding of old crop supplies. This crop doesn't need more acreage.
              What do you advise use to grow?
              If lentils and chickpeas aren’t an option what are the alternatives?

By the look of the supply and demand numbers there isn’t one crop that’s going to turn a profit.

Comment

Time to revive Operation Lift! :-)

Our History, 1970: 'Operation LIFT' to lower wheat surplus (manitobacooperator.ca) ([url]https://www.manitobacooperator.ca/country-crossroads/our-history/our-history-1970-operation-lift-to-lower-wheat-surplus/)​[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post

By the look of the supply and demand numbers there isn’t one crop that’s going to turn a profit.
                  I agree. Its difficult to know this year, but land costs, rental agreements and machinery cost are going to really bite into profit for many. I made my decisions last fall and have to stick with them but lentils and to a lesser extent chickpeas look ok if you lock pricing in. But very few are doing that. Maybe 10% of acreage has been locked in. Canary much less. Green pea prices are high but i don't believe much has been done there. I expect a $10 yellow pea which is also not bad. With sub $8 wheat and durum looking to head in that direction.

In xmas 2015 reds were 60 cents/lb for old crop and 40 cents/lb for new crop. By Xmas 2016 old crop reds were 33 cents roughly. By Aug 2017 reds were 15 cents/lb (took 20 months to drop by 75%) I am not saying green lentils are going to take this path but if crop is average we could see dramatic drop in value. These markets only need slight changes in demand if supply is available.

Comment

"By the look of the supply and demand numbers there isn’t one crop that’s going to turn a profit."

So produce MORE? Desperately need a supply reduction, somewhere, any where...

Comment

Switch cereal acres to oats and run them down to $1.75 a bushel.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post

Cattle look profitable.
                        Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Cattle look profitable.
                          Just saying...
                          Now you have outed that opertunity we will have everyone out looking for cows.

Bred prices will be skyrocketing when word get out someone on Agrisilly was telling people cattle are profitable.

Comment

Dave do you get a pay back to lower canary seed prices? some mexican cartel maybe? because youre absolutley full of shit just like the other post on the other thread maybe that was you? but anyway you can sell canary any day of the week stocks have never been lower feeding a *** bird whether our cost is 50c or 20c doesnt make a rats ass difference in demand when selling by pound and a pound feeds a bird for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post

Now you have outed that opertunity we will have everyone out looking for cows.

Bred prices will be skyrocketing when word get out someone on Agrisilly was telling people cattle are profitable.
                              I'm quite confident that the average grain farmer is not going to give up their winter vacations to babysit cows 365 days of the year.
                              But now that the cattlemen are finally making some money for one of the first times in decades, perhaps they can pick up the pieces of some of the grain farms.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                                Dave do you get a pay back to lower canary seed prices? some mexican cartel maybe? because youre absolutley full of shit just like the other post on the other thread maybe that was you? but anyway you can sell canary any day of the week stocks have never been lower feeding a *** bird whether our cost is 50c or 20c doesnt make a rats ass difference in demand when selling by pound and a pound feeds a bird for so long.
                                I am not going to get into it with you.

Stocks shipped from Canada to end of Jan are approx 50000 MT. Stocks normally shipped from Canada in the first 6 months are 75000 MT. You do the math.

By the way i know who you are and unlike youself, I dont hide behind a fake name.
                                Last edited by dave4441; Feb 15, 2024, 17:20.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...