• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is something every single farmer in Canada and the World should watch!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking into geothermal. Couldn’t find a single person that had one to say it was worth while. I did find more than a few people that took them out and went to propane. If power was free maybe a heat pump might work. But it’s not

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
      I was looking into geothermal. Couldn’t find a single person that had one to say it was worth while. I did find more than a few people that took them out and went to propane. If power was free maybe a heat pump might work. But it’s not
      I agree. I know two that have geothermal systems and wish they didn't. Like you say they both went to propane.

Kind of like the real world experience of EVs. Hertz rental has had a pretty large sample size and said a hard NO.

Most of Chucks' cut and pastes profess in the future this or that technology will take hold only to get proven to be fantasies in the real world.
      Last edited by LEP; Jan 14, 2024, 20:17.

Comment

I planned on renting an EV next time we holiday in California to get like a 2 week test drive.
        I can see some appeal to them in the right situation and California is the place.
        We rent from Costco travel where it appears a low end EV will cost 50% more than a mid size SUV.
        Not sure I am that interested but will see when the time comes.
        Sometimes they have them on a managers special because most find them inconvenient and they have a lot sitting around.
        The Toyota Prius was also premium priced. Have never rented compact cars.

Comment

I know 2 farms that have ground source heat pumps and they heat and cool fine and have stuck with them.

Do you think the technology and experience with heat pumps from 20 years ago is relevant to 2024?

Are you still using dial up internet and a party line?

Comment

I have a 2024 heat pump in Florida, we will see the last one lasted 5 years and 3 days. In Saskatchewan a real heat pump wont work for most of the winter. Ground source is a polite way of saying I will buy more blankets. and try to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Do you think the technology and experience with heat pumps from 20 years ago is relevant to 2024?
              I am 100% certain that the same limitations imposed by those pesky laws of thermodynamics from 20 years ago, still apply today.

Do you understand anything at all about heat transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                I know 2 farms that have ground source heat pumps and they heat and cool fine and have stuck with them.

Are you still using dial up internet and a party line?

How long did you say your solar panels would last?

Also one of the heat pumps was installed 10 years ago and within 3 years he went to propane. He also put in a bank of solar panels and trenched in power 2 miles a couple years later.
                Last edited by LEP; Jan 15, 2024, 10:28.

Comment

Thank you German Farmers , protests are still growing bigger , this is today

Comment

And the abandonment of geothermal heat pumps is not limited to us lowly peasants with limited budgets.
                    Our local town built a new sports complex with swimming pool. It was supposed to be heated with geothermal. Nearly unlimited grants and tax dollars available. They eventually gave up, because no amount of money could even make it function.
                    Apparently there is a limit to oneoff's suppositon that with enough tax dollars to push it, even a pig can fly.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                      If the Liberal's were to be reelected, I can guarantee that these scenes will be repeated in Canada.

Comment

It will get only worse if the Trudeau Liberals win again. Western Canada Ag will be decimated all in the name of Eastern Science. Just to make eastern Urban voters happy.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          And the abandonment of geothermal heat pumps is not limited to us lowly peasants with limited budgets.
                          Our local town built a new sports complex with swimming pool. It was supposed to be heated with geothermal. Nearly unlimited grants and tax dollars available. They eventually gave up, because no amount of money could even make it function.
                          Apparently there is a limit to oneoff's suppositon that with enough tax dollars to push it, even a pig can fly.
                          As I have said, IMO it's a colossal waste of time energy materials $$$$.
                          Fixing something NOT broken.

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                            And the finance minister went out and talked to them , not like this narcissist bunch

Comment

Our neighbours went all in with solar on their farm about 3 years ago ($75,000) because they understood that they could bank electricity in summer for years when they anticipated higher rates. Seems they should have read the fine print. After first 3 years, their overage disappeared and they got a, “Thank You Very Much”. This is my interpretation of their story with solar panels, could be wrong.

Comment

Solar and wind energy are great as window dressing but are completely useless when needed desperately.
                                we don’t live in the southern hemisphere, it gets somewhat chilly here 5 months of the year
                                Last edited by furrowtickler; Jan 15, 2024, 22:22.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...