• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Markets Errol?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't help grain markets no snow to push and not 30 below , too easy to load now.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
      Doesn't help grain markets no snow to push and not 30 below , too easy to load now.
      Is this the case across most of the prairies? It certainly is true anywhere I've travelled in Alberta.
      At some point this goes from being a convenience to being a concern about moisture next season.

Comment

Sask same except maybe where SF3 is , even the swamp has none and land is drying out even more
        apparently there is snow in the forecast for March so that should keep prices down

Comment

Anyone using a 400bbl tank for fuel? Looking for larger farm tank but the only thing that is priced reasonably are the surplus 400bbl tanks. If I can buy fuel for under a dollar I will be happy. Not sure we will get there though.

Comment

Ground is bare we are rolling up wire plus 1

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Errol, what is your opinion on the idea that gold is a leading indicator of the markets inflationary expectations?
              Nope, this is a speculative buying binge. Higher gold goes, the bigger the drop. Inflation well in the rearview mirror (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                Anyone using a 400bbl tank for fuel? Looking for larger farm tank but the only thing that is priced reasonably are the surplus 400bbl tanks. If I can buy fuel for under a dollar I will be happy. Not sure we will get there though.
                Friend bought a reconditioned one 2 or 3 years ago , working well so far , first time he filled price was $.45 , but got beat on price last year

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                  What about fertilizer bin with liquid valve on the bottom. There is guy that coop fills has had one since the eighties

Comment

That didn’t take long . . . gold reversal. Cattle board under-siege, technically oversold, but still points lower. Soymeal appears leading the charge lower on grain markets.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                      Do you have a seperate tank for winter diesel?
                      Not a bad question.

Would you buy a second large tank to save a 3% loss in mpg?

I'd burn winter all season long to save one road trip gel up.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        Do you have a seperate tank for winter diesel?
                        YEs. We have a 1000 gallon and 4000 gallon that we can use for winter fuel.

We fill the 4000 gallon tank from the 750 BBL tank inorder to be able to track our use. Really hard to understand what is left in the tank otherwise.

We bought 60000 L last spring and had fuel left over. on 5800 acres. With a larger crop we would likely need a bit more fuel but interesting to know the L/acre of our farm. A little over $10/acre.

Our first year we filled at 50 cents/L. Been a guessing game ever since but seems like we save about $3000 per year on delivery costs on 60000 L.

Comment

We use these tank gauge boards, very simple install.
                          [url]https://hawk-eye.com/products/tankage/level-indication/[/url]

Comment

Great Stats Can report today. Funny my crop didn’t get any bigger in the bin.

My cucumber and turnip crop did exceed expectations.

Nice Christmas present coming … more lower prices.

Look out next yr!!!

Comment

Stats can report.
                              Canadian farmers reported producing more corn for grain and soybeans, but less wheat, canola, barley, and oats in 2023. Lower production for most crops was driven largely by lower yields, especially in Western Canada where growing conditions were generally drier than in 2022.

oats down 50%
                              Wheat down 7%
                              Canola down only 2%. Is that a function of the area where wheat is grown vs canola?
                              Barley down 11%
                              Not the disaster it was advertised to be.

Comment

You are taking yr to yr, I’m talking the crop got bigger from Sep to now.

The bone heads new better than call me.

Crooks will lower prices and scare us into selling. Oh, but first they will offer a “premium” to fill a train.

Let’s all jump on the train!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...