• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fcr View Post
    Our 1.4” total rain is starting to take its toll. Neighbours early seeded canola starting to get patches dying off on the hills Then they call wanting to sell fungicides. I told them without significant rain in the next two weeks , they can send it all south of the trans Canada. They actually agreed with me .
    Same here , but within the next five days or less
    Sand / gravel knolls showing as of yesterday.
    And we were in a “fortunate area” to start
    Crop still good , but using a ton of soil moisture that ain’t there .
    Hopefully this week coming up or it will be done quickly.
    Missing that rain last week was exceptionally critical here in this pocket
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 11, 2023, 17:31.

Comment

Lots in the same boat, we’ve had 1.2” since snow melt and will be needing a drink in the next 7 days to sustain this crop. Hopefully everyone gets their rain this week. They have been pushing are rain ahead for a while, hopefully this one comes thru.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	B59D0730-2A65-4487-8496-FAE70548C137.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	775196

Comment

Lots in the same boat, we’ve had 1.2” since snow melt and will be needing a drink in the next 7 days to sustain this crop. Hopefully everyone gets their rain this week. They have been pushing are rain ahead for a while, hopefully this one comes thru. It’s not much but would make a big difference at this time.

Name:	B59D0730-2A65-4487-8496-FAE70548C137.jpg
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	775196

Comment

There is only a few small areas in good shape in western Canada to be honest with great sub soil that will carry a crop without meaningful rains shortly , less than 20% of western Canada .
          I will absolutely bet on that right now
          Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 12, 2023, 04:41.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            I’m done with AG Stability they did an audit 3 years ago we have received zero money since it came out and even zero in drought year. They want info again I’m done with this useless program. Any one else sick of this.

Never been in it.

Comment

233p put in May 19th on lighter ground way ahead of the earlier seeded canola on gumbo.

Name:	Screenshot_20230611_205446_Gallery.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	775197

Comment

Heavy gumbo. Seeded May 17th. Bourgault’s in area are 2 leaf as came up after rain. Don’t rain mine will be screwed, If it does I’ll be a month ahead. All timing when it comes to who wins the yield game. Its the drill when it comes to emergence here on heavy ground.

Comment

Glad to see fellow gumbo farmers finally. Thought I was the only one.

I told you guys, Gerry no dummy, took him 49 years to figure out on row packing is dumb…..Mud is a dud when its packed on top of ur seed…..

Comment

In gumbo …
                    We have 1/3 the farm heavy clay gumbo as well
                    Hence why I tried that deep ripper in spots with 8 ft yellow clay last fall .
                    Some excellent pictures of crops guys 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      There is only a few small areas in good shape in western Canada to be honest with great sud soil that will carry a crop without meaningful rains shortly , less than 20% of western Canada .
                      I will absolutely bet on that right now
                      In that case , “Canada won’t matter this year” if that comes to be

Comment

King Corn gapped up on the open on dry weather concern in the corn belt.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230612-063506_Twitter.jpg
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	775198

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
                          Heavy gumbo. Seeded May 17th. Bourgault’s in area are 2 leaf as came up after rain. Don’t rain mine will be screwed, If it does I’ll be a month ahead. All timing when it comes to who wins the yield game. Its the drill when it comes to emergence here on heavy ground.
                          I dont know, here in the Regina gumbo, you would have to drive a long ways to find anything but BG. Havent seen a SM or SH anywhere around here. There are more antique 5710 and flexicoils around here than any new SM or SH.

Comment

I agree most farms from Moose Jaw Regina to Indian head to balcarres Cupar run bourgs odd vad now but funny come fall they all look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              2.5 to 4.5 since May 1 that’s inches

Consider yourself lucky SF as we’re sitting at 6 inches in the past 10 months………..

Our sprayer had skinnies on it this spring and we never bothered switching to the floaters. Right now we quit spraying as everything is so stressed I don’t know what will happen? Phone is ringing excessively for hay that doesn’t and probably won’t exist this year.

It’s pretty smokey and dusty out west…….. On a positive note I’ve never seen the North Saskatchewan or Pembina river look this clear in June before🍀

Comment

Been so busy trying to get my piece seeded and sprayed haven't paid much attention to conditions elsewhere. Looks pretty bad in some areas out west.

Name:	abd.jpg
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	775202

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...