• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trials ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree heavily cabbaged canola crop looks impressive, but does it translate into yield? Isn't that energy better translated into making more flowers and therefore more pods. Just an observation...

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      I agree heavily cabbaged canola crop looks impressive, but does it translate into yield? Isn't that energy better translated into making more flowers and therefore more pods. Just an observation...
      That’s a good question.
      My canola never cabbage this year because of heavy rain when it was small.
      Plants and leaves stayed small and thin and is now starting to flower. Hopefully it branches well and thickens up but it has turned quite dry since the heavy rain of early June.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        They need leaf matter to generate the energy for everything else above.
        But it can hurt if very limited soil moisture and very little rain , the crop can hit a wall a bit quicker . That’s what happened here 2 weeks ago. But the flip side is that stored energy gets utilized by the plant and can carry it through at times .
        Very good comment BL , I will let you know actually. We have both here this year . Some early stuff that cabbaged out early and some later stuff that did not .

Comment

I will also tell how my sick looking canola fields turn out. I would be surprised if it actually yields decent.
          If we would have had it dry in late May and early June and the rains now it would have been whole different picture but hey that’s farming. You can’t pick when it rains!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            In Bourgault’s more recent advertising magazine there was some trials on different sources of phos., didn’t appear to be a benefit either way. I was actually surprised. Looking forward to your results Furrow.
            Tissue samples from Friday …
            Top Phos ..

MAP …

Very close

Comment

Nutrition looks good across the board other than N, another rain or two would of fixed that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                Nutrition looks good across the board other than N, another rain or two would of fixed that too.
                Yup , that shows that we have missed rain at some critical times . N at heading is typically down, and we are not “high fert” users compared to some .
                Should have high protein if we can get some moisture to fill it out .

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                  Actually got some pictures after fishing this morning
                  Very interesting now …

MAP left , TopPhos right
                  Same as field photo below …

Time will tell how it shakes out if we get enough moisture to fill

Comment

Were the two fields seeded the same day, with the same drill at the same P2O5 rate. I can’t remeber.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                      Were the two fields seeded the same day, with the same drill at the same P2O5 rate. I can’t remeber.
                      Same everything , although the Top Phos analysis is a bit lower .
                      But it’s results that matter in field and yields so we shall see .
                      I really like the idea of a low salt phos but it has to pay too

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Actually got some pictures after fishing this morning...
                        MAP left , TopPhos right
                        Same as field photo below …
                        Furrow, what is that row spacing?

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
                          Furrow, what is that row spacing?
                          That’s the 12 in paired row bourgault

Comment

The Top Phos does appear to have earlier maturity, which does have value. Depending on rainfall timing, yield may be higher or lower.

Comment

Here is our latest pea trial at 5:30 pm this afternoon…

Wheat trial:

Got about 80 % of Killam… broke windows on house… dented vehicles broken windshield… golf ball size bounced 10’ after hitting ground…

Blessings and Prayers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                                Here is our latest pea trial at 5:30 pm this afternoon…

Wheat trial:

Got about 80 % of Killam… broke windows on house… dented vehicles broken windshield… golf ball size bounced 10’ after hitting ground…

Blessings and Prayers
                                Darn, that’s not the wet stuff we need, sorry Tom.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...