• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spraybours

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a systemic herbicide such as roundup doing a preburn actually benefit from spraying such a fine mist?
    I watch high clearance sprayers and you can see the cloud of mist floating ( or blowing) along behind.
    I spray roundup at low pressures and low height ( wheeled boom sprayer, no option), and it works very well, doesn't travel, even in windy conditions.

A contact herbicide such as Liberty being a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Does a systemic herbicide such as roundup doing a preburn actually benefit from spraying such a fine mist?
      I watch high clearance sprayers and you can see the cloud of mist floating ( or blowing) along behind.
      I spray roundup at low pressures and low height ( wheeled boom sprayer, no option), and it works very well, doesn't travel, even in windy conditions.

30 psi and a coarse spray pattern is typically recommended for a systemic herbi like glypho, some pressure is necessary to give the droplets some downward velocity, but yes fine mists are where most of the drift comes from. Virtually all nozzles produce some fines. Best to leave a pass for later if the winds arent right.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

At least 2 of us left.

Comment

Guess I better not get old either. Or get an ulcer. Although that first paragraph pretty much sums it all up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...