• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm crisis around the corner?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was some kind of twitter stat mistake. China doesn't buy durum let alone half the crop. It isn't real. And the guy that claimed it was from Chicago even. Someone mentioned it may be a coding error. We seen this last year on canary where the data was skewed. Statcan eventually sorted it out. Someone commented that likely this was the discrepancy. If you tried to buy 2 MMT of new demand for durum in any year, the price would go to the moon.

All export stats by country are available on CGC site somewhere. I use Statpublishing for export data on special crops. Dec 6 approx we will have the data for special crops exported to Oct 31. I believe the major crop data is available faster. Ie the bulk vessel shipment data.

?????

Comment

Canada has exported about 1 MMT of durum so far this crop year. Available quantity to export I think is 4.5 MMT but that may include some carryin at Aug 1.
      Last edited by dave4441; Nov 27, 2023, 21:13.

Comment

My source

China's COFCO Imports Canadian Durum for First Time: China's state-run food group COFCO Group said it had imported Canadian durum wheat for the first time, which it would process into flour. China mainly imports finished pasta or flour processed from durum wheat, COFCO said in a statement. "This direct import of durum wheat has enriched the structure of China's imported wheat varieties, facilitated the extension of COFCO's products upstream and further improved COFCO's 'from field to table' full industry chain model," it said. China has already imported almost 2 million metric tons of durum wheat from Canada this year, according to customs data. Canada accounts for around half of the global trade of hard wheat used to make pasta. China has imported record volumes of wheat this year, with rain damage to its crop and worries over dry weather in exporting nations fueling Beijing's appetite to buy while prices are low. The world's largest wheat consumer has imported 10.83 million tons of wheat in the first 10 months of this year, a 37.7% surge from a year ago, customs data showed. (Source: Reuters)?

Comment

Hmmmm , so what’s the real story?
          good find rare earth , if true how can this go unnoticed?

Comment

All of a sudden it will be, “where is all the wheat”

Comment

It seems odd the local line companies are claiming there is zero canola export’s happening.
              canola values have dropped over 40% from a year ago and zero export sales ? Could be , just seems odd .

Comment

Yet crushers going full bore and either expanding or still building new . Who's buying the oil? Can't be North American restaurants they are empty so we are told. Who's buying all this meal can't be North America with hogs and cattle in contraction. Hmmmmmm Where are they storing all this surplus oil and meal ??????

Comment

[url]https://www.agcanada.com/daily/chinas-cofco-says-it-imported-canadian-durum-for-first-time[/url]

I am not sure how to post a hot link but this durum thing was not real.

Comment

Guess this proves that we would be able to see thru the bull shite if we had mandatory sales reporting.

Comment

The trouble with news is we can not always trust it and we accept or dismiss according to our wants and needs.

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
                        The trouble with news is we can not always trust it and we accept or dismiss according to our wants and needs.
                        I agree, but it works both ways,
                        “we or they”

Now buyers or traders, who would have thought.
                        Growers reporting bad data to stats can, or twitter are not alone.

With all the scams, emails etc I don’t reply or answer any surveys (phone, email etc) for security reasons.

Thanks Dave for your comments and corrections

Comment

Google has bought off the Canadian Government… had to see this coming…

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post

I agree, but it works both ways,
                            “we or they”

Now buyers or traders, who would have thought.
                            Growers reporting bad data to stats can, or twitter are not alone.

With all the scams, emails etc I don’t reply or answer any surveys (phone, email etc) for security reasons.

Thanks Dave for your comments and corrections
                            Yes. That is the point I try to make.

Comment

Now that's a crisis!!

[url]https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/sheep-industry-reels-as-mutton-prices-plunge-by-70-per-cent-in-just-one-year-we-cannot-allow-this-to-happen/news-story/bffcfd559bf73eb38e9330750d8700cb[/url]

Comment

Who wants a mutton steak? About 20 years ago I bought a lamb already butchered, it came in a tiny little box and I think I paid 120 bucks for it, I still consider sheep as inedible, making wool is fine but I’m definitely not crazy about eating sheep steak.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...