• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banking failure

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sumdumguy
    replied
    Maybe bank went all-in on bitcoin and lost the code. 😂

Leave a comment:

• errolanderson
    replied
    Listening a round table discussion including Mark Cuban this morning. Apparently, SVB is the 2nd largest bank failure in U.S.history.

Indications are (from discussion) more banks are likely going to go down. Payrolls may not be made in some cases. Bank industry turmoil.

Record credit card debt and car loans are flash points. U.S. innovation will suffer a setback with many banks tied into SVB (from discussion).

Many more questions than answers. Have central bankers (The Fed) totally blown it? Participants suggest regulators to blame. Also, a lot of greed and risk-taking appear imploding (according to participants).

Leave a comment:

• biglentil
    replied
    Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
    Investors need to be calmed over the weekend or risk Meltdown Monday. Top of cattle market as well?
    Gold had a big day Friday Errol, commodities seen as a safe haven. The beef market is tight on the supply side I don't see a pull back coming, like booze and cigarettes demand is somewhat inelastic.
    Last edited by biglentil; Mar 11, 2023, 13:02.

Leave a comment:

• Old Cowzilla
    replied
    Cattlemen see meltdowns about twice as often as the rest of the business world.

Leave a comment:

• errolanderson
    replied
    Investors need to be calmed over the weekend or risk Meltdown Monday. Top of cattle market as well?

Leave a comment:

• biglentil
    replied
    In a world of HFT and derivatives things can get ugly quick. USDC has lost its peg since my last post. Could be nothing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230310_202338_Brave.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	774690

Leave a comment:

• Old Cowzilla
    replied
    Investment in food production is starting to look better every day.

Leave a comment:

• errolanderson
    replied
    Friday, March 10, 2008 Bear Sterns crisis erupted. Sunday, March 12. 2008 Bear Sterns acquired by JP Morgan.

SVB collapses March 8, 2023, acquired by regulators. Who will purchase this week? Similarities uncanny. This fallout continues . . . .

LEHMAN BROS 2.0

Leave a comment:

• TOM4CWB
    replied
    Bloomberg report on Canadian Bank effects:

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• biglentil
    replied
    Contagion rearing its ugly head. The only thing stable about stablecoin USDC $43 billion market cap is its name.

Name:	Screenshot_20230310_185325_Brave.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	774687

Leave a comment:

• biglentil
    replied
    Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
    Harper had bail in on his budget.
    Wouldn't surprise me Harper also cozy with WEF.

Leave a comment:

• jazz
    replied
    What about cash in a corporate account, how much is insured.

Name:	by.jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	774684

Leave a comment:

• biglentil
    replied
    They will use the financial crisis as an excuse to usher in CBDC, UBI and digital id. Surest way to communism is destroying the wealth of the middle class.

Leave a comment:

• TASFarms
    replied
    Originally posted by biglentil View Post
    Tom I wrote about this a few months ago. Cdic only has assets on its books to insure about half a percent of all deposits on its books. It provides false sense of security that your money, which is infact not money at all is safe in these highly leveraged banks. None of this should be a surprise. I posted a video about a month ago of a fdic committee discussing the inevitable bank runs to come. Bail ins are next, buckle up.

Trudeau put 'bail in' legislation through in 2018. This is all scripted.
    Harper had bail in on his budget.

Leave a comment:

• biglentil
    replied
    Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    US FDIC shut down Silicon Valley…

They have 151$Billion in uninsured deposits… all the tech layoffs are coming home to roost…. Money not going in as fast as being withdrawn…

$250K limit on insured deposits… in the US…

CDIC in Canada… $100K! At Chartered Banks…

What insanity. Why isn’t the limit $1Million????

Land is worth 10x 2000 levels…. Combines and Tractors… close to the same….

Trust the Government????

Cheers
    Tom I wrote about this a few months ago. Cdic only has assets on its books to insure about half a percent of all deposits on its books. It provides false sense of security that your money, which is infact not money at all is safe in these highly leveraged banks. None of this should be a surprise. I posted a video about a month ago of a fdic committee discussing the inevitable bank runs to come. Bail ins are next, buckle up.

Trudeau put 'bail in' legislation through in 2018. This is all scripted.
    Last edited by biglentil; Mar 10, 2023, 17:08.

Leave a comment:

• Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...