• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to park money in Canada in interest bearing account?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Partners View Post
    Buy iron.
    It goes up 10% or more every yr..
    With no end in site..
    Filed company taxes yesterday. The accountant informed me that machinery purchases are a 100% tax write off at the moment. I hadn't heard. Was a big deal in the old days.

Comment

In the 80's steel dropped faster in value than we could make payments on it. But don't worry guys that could never never happen again . P.S. STILL got a couple of pieces of steel parked in the bush to remind me of those times

Comment

At one time you could park money at Cargill.
        They had a deposit account that would pay about 1.5% above what the local banks would pay in a term deposit. Could get your money back anytime you wanted with no fees or penalties. It would take a day or two to get your money.
        I kind of lost track of that account when our local Cargill closed up and I am not sure if they still do it. It used to be nice when you went in their office and there on the white board they would show the rate of the deposit account.

Comment

Best build-a new shop. Name it No Fiat For Me. 😹

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
            Filed company taxes yesterday. The accountant informed me that machinery purchases are a 100% tax write off at the moment. I hadn't heard. Was a big deal in the old days.
            That’s not quite right, I believe the following is correct but check with your accountant again.. Businesses are able to depreciate the total purchase price of equipment (not bins or buildings) of up to 1.5 million. This program is for the 2022-2024 years and doesn’t reset every year. The catch is that it burns up your depreciation in the years further out.

So it’s a good deal if you’re in a tax crunch today but it’s really just kicking the tax problem down the road a couple years.

Comment

1.5 MILLION, geez only one combine and we max out!

Note...everything with Taxes/CRA is Tax Deferral. Only Alt Min tax is prepay and claim back.

DIE or QUIT and then we or survivors weep.

In the 80's, Business Tax Credits were a straight 10% off tax payable, calculated on GROSS cost of NEW iron, buildings.
              Last edited by fjlip; Dec 30, 2022, 18:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                In the 80's steel dropped faster in value than we could make payments on it. But don't worry guys that could never never happen again . P.S. STILL got a couple of pieces of steel parked in the bush to remind me of those times
                yep , land did too
                the def scam is helping resale on the old shit tho

Comment

Very little New steel on the lots now is the difference.
                  Covid killed any excess building of anything.
                  Nobody is excited to ramp up production to catch up..
                  Way different than the 80's..
                  Need a part for the AGI auger.
                  No parts..we only build complete augers??????WTF....

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    The Farmer that traded X9s for caseihs must of been on drugs !

Where's the deal on augers I haven't found any ?
                    Over last July
                    Missed it

Comment

[QUOTE So it’s a good deal if you’re in a tax crunch today but it’s really just kicking the tax problem down the road a couple years.[/QUOTE]

The rules are that you don't get to win. And I can live with the $1.5M cap.
                      Last edited by Happytrails; Dec 30, 2022, 21:53.

Comment

Story here is Monette sold them to his friends as they have empty lot with little inventory coming.
                        Jimmy is taking care of Monnette.

For what it's worth.
                        Zero?

Comment

Yea gotta be a kick in the nuts for the die hard green guys
                          They’re on a few case lots , strange ?

Comment

I would be more worried about having enough firearms and ammunition, and a lot of full fuel tanks, and sharp chains on the chainsaw, a few animals that guarantee a food supply.

When it all blows up, money will be worthless imho. Might happen in two years, maybe in a hundred or two years. But be prepared so you can live and feed your family. A stack of Borden’s isn’t going to matter. But a .308 with plenty of ammunition might.

Comment

And by the way I have nothing against Case Ih combines !
                              You see lots of combines running up and down fields on utube but never see a combine (deal). Now that would be entertaining !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                                I would be more worried about having enough firearms and ammunition, and a lot of full fuel tanks, and sharp chains on the chainsaw, a few animals that guarantee a food supply.

When it all blows up, money will be worthless imho. Might happen in two years, maybe in a hundred or two years. But be prepared so you can live and feed your family. A stack of Borden’s isn’t going to matter. But a .308 with plenty of ammunition might.
                                Sheep how did you figure out that Armageddon is going to take place in rural Sask?

Sounds like Gun Control and establishing a time frame from the war manual are causing major problems in preparation for the final battle.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...