• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over here, the masses just buy at grocery stores....they don't need farmers.

Comment

"so that he get's a better return on the grain he stole from Ukraine."

apparently Russia needs 60+ new ships to haul it away in the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
        "Sources later told Reuters that Russia had no plans to halt
        wheat exports but wanted exporters to ensure prices paid to
        farmers were high enough to cover average production costs."

https://www.reuters.com/article/global-grains-idAFL8N3613VK

Since the invasion began - 4 MMT of wheat has been lost in UKR.
        Russia grew 92 MMT of wheat last year.

Try thinking once...or is that capacity used up to breathe?
        Funny why you didn't include this information from Reuters as well Weber. I guess you couldn't provide the two links at the same time as the office cell phone screen wasn't big enough.

"Ukraine’s 2023 grain harvest is likely to fall to 44.3 million tonnes from 53.1 million in 2022 as less acreage is sown due to the Russian invasion, a forecast by the Ukrainian agriculture ministry showed on Monday."

Plus the 4 million tonnes Putin stole that you mentioned above.

That should improve Putin's farmers (Oligarchs) bottom line which will keep Putin's bank account full. Probably makes you job a little easier in a raising market as well.

Have a great day!
        Last edited by foragefarmer; Mar 29, 2023, 15:21.

Comment

What is the state of Russian wheat production? I know they have a ton of land but a lot of it is marginal. I get the sense it could be best serviced with Canadian prairies or Australian type equipment and farming practices but presently more labour and rudimentary farming methods outside of the better areas where western investment was present. Anyone have a concrete idea other than third hand knowledge?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Money never used to slosh around like that 25 yrs ago. Globalization has made that possible. These big sums will be stuck in tech for a few weeks, then switch over to consumer discretionary, or precious metals, or to china and back, USDT, etc. Rinse and repeat.

Sometimes at night they park them in a forex trade or reverse repo facility with the fed. Creates lots of volatility.
            Follow the money?
            This chart is dated Mar 22 prior to the 5 day run up we are in now.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20230330_083234.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	774809

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              What is the state of Russian wheat production? I know they have a ton of land but a lot of it is marginal. I get the sense it could be best serviced with Canadian prairies or Australian type equipment and farming practices but presently more labour and rudimentary farming methods outside of the better areas where western investment was present. Anyone have a concrete idea other than third hand knowledge?
              I'm sure the farm equipment Russian soldiers stole from Ukrainian farmers was a great way to escape from the front lines and reduced the work load for those high quality Belarus and Don that are used in Russia.

At least we know Minsk will be protect by the nukes that are coming.

Yes, Putin does care about his Russian Oligarchs, oh I mean farmers.

As for the farm land, why wouldn't Putin want to add the best farm land in Europe to his wet dream empire.
              Last edited by foragefarmer; Mar 31, 2023, 06:16.

Comment

Canola up $7.70 on Thursday afternoon ahead of a long weekend.

Don't know what that means but it cant be bad?
                Last edited by shtferbrains; Apr 6, 2023, 17:59.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...