• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    And what will happen when those contracts can't be filled????
    No problem get the check book out

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      RP rep said today no price in yorkton for canola for sept/oct/Nov. All booked up with forward contracts..
      Oh my..
      They are full of shit , there is no way
      They pulled bids cause price is too high
      Or …. There is a vast amount of very foolish farmers . I would guess the first though
      Last edited by furrowtickler; May 20, 2022, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
        Did anyone roll contracts they couldn’t fill from fall 21 to fall 22? Heard some companies were doing it, taking the spread between locked in price and price when the roll was done. Could be guys delivering 8 dollar canola while the truck behind them delivers 28
        Lots in this area

Comment

Guess we will see if RP crusher offers prices any time soon.
          Thinking prices will sky rocket given the acres that actually gets seeded..
          Lots of high roller farms...

Comment

bunge nipawin still extremely hungry
            parted with some a few days ago for $27.20 regular canola june

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
              We got 3 or 4 tenths today. Eastern Alberta. Puts us around 1/2 inch this year. Not out of the woods yet. Good luck to those who are fighting the opposite problem. One upside for you guys is that there very likely will be a good market for any crops that can be cut and baled for feed. Grass is short but many will keep their cattle over the summer. Next winter is where the crunch will come. Feed supplies have to be at an all time low.
              I believe one friend put it this way...

We have a half dozen hay bales, 13 straw, and a tandem load of silage left. I suppose thatd be enough if we had 50 cows and not 400?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                I believe one friend put it this way...

We have a half dozen hay bales, 13 straw, and a tandem load of silage left. I suppose thatd be enough if we had 50 cows and not 400?
                Lots of cows headed to short or pathetic grass in area here. It sure seems tempting but the lost grazing in fall adds up quick. Still sitting on a bunch of silage and busy seeding so moving out to grass will be June like normal for us. Hay at auction is bringing $100 for crummy slough hay and $250 for nicer stuff.

Good prices for culls may thin the herd quicker than expected……………..

Watched pairs sell for $1650 today………… ouch! especially after feeding that expensive cow chow all winter

Comment

Some areas froze last night and crop could have been up.

But the experts will say all is great in Western Canada.

Comment

We may have a window this week. Starting to dry out. Tuesday start if all goes well.

Comment

Minus 2.8 here.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        Yep like their old crop oats are all full and every 2-3 weeks comes a 10$ special
                        It’s all horseshit
                        Yep have been watching that oat bullshit as well. LDC booked up until July but G3 Melville doing May-June pricing, everytime I have hauled to LDC there are trucks dumping from G3.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                          We may have a window this week. Starting to dry out. Tuesday start if all goes well.
                          We got lucky as well only getting 4/10's this past round of rain.

I see your area got somewhat spared as well.

Are the spruce coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                            We got lucky as well only getting 4/10's this past round of rain.

I see your area got somewhat spared as well.

Are the spruce coming back?
                            Many places in North Central AB got the 4 tenths... seeding has gone well... on the dry side like drought maps show... forecast 1" later next week...

Comment

Looks like we have a week window to get some drilled in. Look what the US midwest is going to get.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pvt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	773398

Comment

Yup important week coming up for all

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...