• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

auger motor

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mice cause more problems than engineers in most of our auger engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Livewire View Post
      If you don’t want to go back to horse power there’s a few things you can do to your Koehler I have done that makes it useable. First zip tie the wiring that attaches to the ignition switch so it doesn’t quit full of canola because it wiggled off while running.

Then take the crankcase ventilation hose out of where it feeds the carburetor with unburnt gases and ALOT of moisture and direct it downwards. Zip tie some foam to cover the end. Block off where it entered the carb. I had to do this or the choke would freeze and when I wanted to start it cold there wouldn’t be a choke working because it was frozen in the off position. Took awhile to figure that one out.

Works now anytime I need it!
      Best thing of all is stick a heat pad oil pan heater under it
      Will start at -40
      Guess we been lucky
      Have a25hp, 35hp and a37 hp all carbed been pretty good

Comment

We have had good luck with our kohlers so far, first one is a 36hp that is 18 years old and I’m on the 2nd auger tube for that one with just maintenance done to it. I have a 35hp efi that’s 4 years old and other than be underpowered for our Springland it works fine. Both auger motors don’t like being started below -15C and would recommend some sort of heater. Above post mentioned a stick on heater for the oil pan, I will probably give that a try.

Comment

I'll never have a Kohler motor on the farm again.
          Current carburated Briggs we have on a 10x46 has been much better, not perfect, but better.

Comment

We have both and prefer Vanguard

Comment

Thanks all for the info

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...